• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

man ... will must be walking in snow boots by now ... or snow shoes like johnc

MikeforLiberty

My guestimap has been updated. Glad to hear you're back on the move Will.

Kat Kanning

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 30, 2008, 12:51 PM NHFT
On the road again...  :D
Actually we had a bit of a scare this morning.  We started driving to where I last left off walking, and Brooke noticed that the RPMs on the RV were really high and that it didn't seem to be shifting into high gear.  Also, the engine temp appeared to be extremely high (we later concluded that that may have been a false reading).  We pulled over and consulted over the phone with her dad Roy (who is a mechanic) and he had her check several things, including tightening the vacuum hose between the engine and radiator.  We tried it out again, and the problem seemed to be fixed, but no sooner had we concluded that than BAM - the engine just died.  The engine wouldn't restart again.  We were literally stuck with a dead RV in the middle of the road.

We started to evaluate our options, when a few minutes later a Sheriff pulled up.  He ended up being very hands-off, didn't get in our face the whole time, but instead pretty much kept out of our hair till we got the situation taken care of (thankfully).

We met a very nice gentleman who lived nearby who pulled our RV with his tractor to an empty lot which was on the corner.  We started going thru the possible problems with Roy, and discovered that the wires going into the distributor cap were unplugged.  We plugged them back in and taped them in place, and the RV then started like a charm.  Brooke drove it cautiously for the next few miles, but all seemed to be well again.

So to sum it up - I didn't end up walking any today as planned, but I'll start again bright and early tomorrow morning.  We still have a couple days buffer to get to NH by the 13th.

Kat Kanning

JonM

Sigh.  I may need to be elsewhere in the mid day on the 13th.  Varrin can't commit to being there yet either as he is on call.

Kat Kanning

Will has got to be within driving distance of New Hampshire now. Anyone interested in a road trip to meet him? By the way the chip in widget on http://www.walkforliberty.com/ expired, and is not accepting any more donations.

Fluff and Stuff

Jason should be in NH on the 13, and Jon has nothing better to do than to be there.  Last I heard (Sunday) Jason was in NC visiting family but that should change before the 13th.

Walk For Liberty

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: www on December 01, 2008, 08:38 PM NHFT
By the way the chip in widget on http://www.walkforliberty.com/ expired, and is not accepting any more donations.
Doh!  Thanks.

Walk For Liberty

MikeforLiberty

map
The trip through VT will start at 500' in NY and run up to 2400' and down to 400' in Brattleboro, VT. Not a long crossing but you'll be out of the flatlands.

Russell Kanning

Pat McCotter

One view up above that 2400' level is Searsburg Wind Power Facility.