• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 10, 2008, 08:50 AM NHFT
I think we've figured out what we'll do.  Today I'll walk as far as I can and then we'll stop in Bennington.  Tomorrow it's expected just to be snow most of the day, not ice, so we should be fine then. I'll get up as early as possible and then walk till about 3, then we'll drive on to Brattleboro and stay there.  We'll rent a car for Friday.
that sounds like a great idea

Russell Kanning

Quote from: www on December 10, 2008, 12:11 PM NHFT
How's that banner coming? Are we stretching it across the new bridge or the old one?
old one is for walking for liberty

TackleTheWorld

Weather looks clear and freezing for Saturday.  
I'm planning to ride my bike alongside for miles 1-5, from the bridge to Hwy 63.

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 10, 2008, 09:39 AM NHFT
Will Buchannan:  will@willbuchanan.com
Interview with Will Buchannan
Awesome, thanks Kat!  I noticed there were a couple typos in my name above.  :blush:

Walk For Liberty

We stopped last night about 2 miles past Bennington.  We also should have an article in the Bennington Banner today.

Russell Kanning

they should be covering you just because it is freezing cold and you keep walking .... "Crazy For Liberty"

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 11, 2008, 05:27 AM NHFT
We stopped last night about 2 miles past Bennington.  We also should have an article in the Bennington Banner today.

Banner article

Walk For Liberty

ok this time we really do need help. :) we were coming down a mtn pass to get a rental car in brattleboro when we smelled something and the oil pressure dropped. we opened up the engine compartment and it looks like a fuel line burst so we're stranded up here. if someone could give us a ride to the avis in brattleboro it would be much appreciated. call me at 603x852x5589  I'm also calling porc 411

thanks!

Jim Johnson

Mike Barskey

Is the current plan for Will to cross the border sometime around 11:00a? Or is the plan for us to gather at 11:00a and wait until he gets there? Or some other time? Or some other plan?

I'm hoping the he's so close that vehicle difficulties won't postpone his arrival, but we'll see.

Kat Kanning

I think we should gather before 11 am and he'd walk across the border at precisely 11. :)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 11, 2008, 12:46 PM NHFT
I think we should gather before 11 am and he'd walk across the border at precisely 11. :)

Well, that's what I was hoping. I mean, I'll wait 2 or maybe 2.5 minutes for him, but if he's going to have no regard for our time then to hell* with him!

*Massachusetts

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 11, 2008, 05:30 AM NHFT
they should be covering you just because it is freezing cold and you keep walking .... "Crazy For Liberty"

When I was driving out to pick him up, my wipers kept icing up and the joints couldn't keep it flat on my windshield so there were huge gaps with puddles of water on my windshield. I pulled over and manually de-iced them about half a dozen times there and back.

Mike Barskey

Holy crap! This winter thing is pretty harsh!