• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Walk For Liberty

Does anyone know of a reasonable priced (and available!) motel in the Keene area where we could stay tonight?

Kat Kanning

There ain't no such thing  :-\  But I'd guess you'd be able to get a couch  :D

FTL_Ian

Hotel rooms can be hard to come by sometimes and they aren't cheap.  Though, not sure how much the Valley Green costs.  I'd be a little scared to stay there.

Will on Augur Hole Rd (I suspect that someone didn't know how to spell Auger). He had to walk around the road crews by taking Lake Raponda Rd to Higley Hill Rd, which is why he had to walk so far today. The second photo is Town Hill Rd, which would have saved less than a mile, but would probably have added an hour to the walk. I was told that it was passable, but I turned around instead of forcing my way through the trees ahead. The Camry would not have made it this far as it was very steep and the road was covered with snow and ice.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 14, 2008, 06:03 AM NHFT
Does anyone know of a reasonable priced (and available!) motel in the Keene area where we could stay tonight?
Brattleboro is much cheaper

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 14, 2008, 07:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 14, 2008, 06:03 AM NHFT
Brattleboro is much cheaper
The Red Roof Inn had rooms. There is also a hostel in VT somewhere, I forget where. I did an internet search for rooms not too long ago, didn't find anything really cheap. I'm having a hard time figuring out how anyone justifies $150 a night for a motel. I guess the privilege of not having anyone else staying in the motel and having the pool and exercise room all to yourself? I mean does anyone really think it costs $100 to vacuum a floor really good? Admittedly in the cheap motels poorly cleaned rooms are commonplace, but there really is no excuse for that.

Truth be told, Will and Brooke have been looking across to NH for the last couple of days and I know they would much rather stay in NH once they cross that bridge at 11 am today.

dalebert

For people coming in from out of Keene, I suggested Panera Bread as a meeting place. As far as I know, there is not other chosen place.

My first Porc 411 seems to be cut off so I called back and left this there as well.

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on December 14, 2008, 08:23 AM NHFT
For people coming in from out of Keene, I suggested Panera Bread as a meeting place. As far as I know, there is not other chosen place.

My first Porc 411 seems to be cut off so I called back and left this there as well.

Panera sounds good. I was wondering if there would be any carpooling.
Is there a set time to leave Panera?

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on December 14, 2008, 08:59 AM NHFT
Panera sounds good. I was wondering if there would be any carpooling.
Is there a set time to leave Panera?

How long do you think it takes to get to the state line? I was thinking we should arrive at least 15 mins early. We want as many people there as possible for the video and photo op the moment he arrives.

dalebert

Actually, I'd go ahead and head over as soon as you can. I'm just getting shoes on and crap and then I'm outta here. Got the dough in the machine to get it ready for rolls later.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

that was fun
it was a little cold out there in the wind waiting for them, but it was great to watch them break through the multiple tapes
he walked to the top of the west chesterfield hill for the day