• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Walk For Liberty

just had a phone interview with the union-leader :)

error

Beautiful day for a walk! I wish I'd logged in earlier and seen this.

cynthia

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 28, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT
Oh, this is exciting news.  I get to Walk with Will on Monday and then he is going to walk to my place on New Year's Eve. 

Is this confirmed, Mr. Keith?  He is walking to Hampton on his mapped route. If he will change it to Seabrook, then Max could double-bill his party as a New-Year's/ Will celebration and actually get a sizable crowd there.

Can you/Max/Will make this happen? If so I'll bring (their)presents and extra provisions!

...and showgirls!!

anyway, I think that's when Malena and I will walk with him, too.

KBCraig

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 28, 2008, 11:10 AM NHFT

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=10aef12c-ac52-40dd-a9fe-14577433a179

Coast-to-coast walk nears an end
By MICHAEL CLEVELAND
New Hampshire Union Leader

MANCHESTER – Sometime this morning, Will Buchanan will start walking toward the Seacoast. It's not too far now, and it's a heck of a lot shorter journey than when he started in April from Oregon.

Buchanan, 35, a supporter of the Free State Project, decided to walk to New Hampshire -- and make the state his new home -- to make a statement and start a new life.

According to the movement's mission statement, in part, "the Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property."

Buchanan arrived in New Hampshire with his wife, Brooke, on Dec. 14. The two have rented part of a house in Henniker, which is serving as their home base. Brooke, 29, has been his support driver, following along in their vehicle as he walked.

"I guess it's kind of a transitional period in my life," Buchanan said in a telephone interview, as he walked along Bridge Street after calling the New Hampshire Union Leader on his cell phone late yesterday morning.

"I was working as a computer programmer writing programs for advertising agencies and I realized this wasn't the way I wanted to spend the rest of my life," he said. "It didn't seem really purposeful. So this is kind of a transition to a new life and moving liberty forward."

The couple had moved from Boston back to Brooke's home state of Hawaii, but knew they wanted to live in New Hampshire. When his wife suggested that he walk, Will jumped on the idea and decided to start in Oregon.

The goal for Buchanan is the Seacoast, in part because he started his walk from the Oregon seacoast town of Cannon Beach on April 14.

His plan was to walk 10 miles yesterday, sleep in Henniker, then return to the spot where he stopped on Sunday and start again. That spot, he said late yesterday afternoon, is a Getty station at the fork in the road where Main Street and Candia Road split.

He intends to reach the Seacoast on New Year's Day, but hasn't decided upon which beach his journey will end.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: cynthia on December 28, 2008, 05:04 PM NHFT
Oh, this is exciting news.  I get to Walk with Will on Monday and then he is going to walk to my place on New Year's Eve. 

Is this confirmed, Mr. Keith?  He is walking to Hampton on his mapped route. If he will change it to Seabrook, then Max could double-bill his party as a New-Year's/ Will celebration and actually get a sizable crowd there.

Can you/Max/Will make this happen? If so I'll bring (their)presents and extra provisions!

...and showgirls!!

Will's after party will be at Max's.  Seabrook Beach is only a little closer to Max's and Hampton Beach is better and easier for Will to reach so I still recommend it.  It's up to Will.

You don't have to bring showgirls (but don't let that discourage you), as long as you show up and do some karaoke for us, I'll be happy.

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 29, 2008, 03:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: cynthia on December 28, 2008, 05:04 PM NHFT

...and showgirls!!

Will's after party will be at Max's.  Seabrook Beach is only a little closer to Max's and Hampton Beach is better and easier for Will to reach so I still recommend it.  It's up to Will.

You don't have to bring showgirls (but don't let that discourage you), as long as you show up and do some karaoke for us, I'll be happy.
I'm planning to finish at Hampton Beach, and then party at Max's afterwards.  I look forward to seeing everyone there!

I hope you can still make it, Cynthia and Malena!

cynthia

If the Buchanans will be there, so will I, and Malena, and I'm bringing reinforcements(my back-up singers to drown me out!)

I will close the shop at some point on Wednesday to drive over to Hampton to walk an hour or so to finish your journey.(I'll call you tomorrow evening.)

Will there be other people meeting Will at his final destination, like at the NH bridge? Keith, will you being doing you polar swim as you promised? Really? You don't remember promising that? I have the audio around here somewhere...

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: cynthia on December 29, 2008, 09:57 AM NHFT
Will there be other people meeting Will at his final destination, like at the NH bridge? Keith, will you being doing you polar swim as you promised? Really? You don't remember promising that? I have the audio around here somewhere...

I think Mark W is planning something.  Mark was able to set-up like 7 other people walking with Will when he walked into Manchester and Taproom Tuesday.  Look for him to post something about walking with Will to the Ocean.

Unless you join me, I'll not doing the polar swim on Wednesday.  However, I will be doing it in Feb at the scheduled Meet-up event.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: KBCraig on December 29, 2008, 01:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 28, 2008, 11:10 AM NHFT

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=10aef12c-ac52-40dd-a9fe-14577433a179

Unless a paper covers the end of Will's walk in Hampton Beach, this may be the last mainstream press coverage of the Walk For Liberty.
Please spread the message far and wide by promoting this Digg in anyway you can.
http://digg.com/people/Multi_thousand_mile_Walk_for_Liberty_nears_an_end

dalebert

Shared the link on Facebook. Recommend other Facebookers do the same.

Walk For Liberty

The story was picked up by the Associated Press!
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO99815/

Is there any way to find out how many local newspapers it's in now?

Porcupine Realtor

I'm trying to round up some of the Seacoast Liberty group to join us.

Daien

John C asked me to post that the fine article that was quoted above actually had a leader on the front page of the Union Leader (in case you didn't see the actual paper).

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Libertine 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' on December 29, 2008, 07:29 PM NHFT
John C asked me to post that the fine article that was quoted above actually had a leader on the front page of the Union Leader (in case you didn't see the actual paper).
I did, thanks!

Hampton Beach has historical significance, as it was the location of the famous 1964 Hampton Beach riot. http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/hampton/history/police/riots/fosters1999.htm