• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LTE's from Undergrounders

Started by Dave Ridley, December 24, 2004, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SethCohn

We'd like to see a lot of LTEs from constiuents about the F-s Reps in the NHLA's Interim Report Card... if any of your Reps got an F-minus, or even an F, please let your weekly (preferred) or daily paper know how unhappy you are they got an F...

Kat Kanning

Sent this to the Sentinel:

House Report Card

The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance has released their interim report card on New Hampshire representatives.  Representatives were rated on how well they did respecting your rights and your pocketbook.  If you would like more information on how representatives were rated, please visit http://nhliberty.org.  Here are how Keene's representatives rated:

Rating   Representative
F-     Suzanne S. Butcher 
F       J Timothy Dunn     
F       Peter S. Espiefs       
F       Kris E. Roberts         
F-     Timothy N. Robertson 
F-     Charles F. Weed   

Please vote for individuals who respect the Constitution and who believe a person's possessions/money are not public property for the taking.

GT

Quote from: katdillon on April 22, 2005, 08:03 AM NHFT
Sent this to the Sentinel:

House Report Card

The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance has released their interim report card on New Hampshire representatives.? Representatives were rated on how well they did respecting your rights and your pocketbook.? If you would like more information on how representatives were rated, please visit http://nhliberty.org.? Here are how Keene's representatives rated:

Rating? ?Representative
F-? ? ?Suzanne S. Butcher?
F? ? ? ?J Timothy Dunn? ? ?
F? ? ? ?Peter S. Espiefs? ? ? ?
F? ? ? ?Kris E. Roberts? ? ? ? ?
F-? ? ?Timothy N. Robertson?
F-? ? ?Charles F. Weed? ?

Please vote for individuals who respect the Constitution and who believe a person's possessions/money are not public property for the taking.

Maybe you should send it to the offending Reps too. In fact I think they should have their report cards signed by their parents too for failing.  >:D

Russell Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: russellkanning on April 22, 2005, 08:43 AM NHFT
We should kick them out.

Indeed. Keene has some of the most spendthrift legislators in the State. Keene, although a beautiful place to settle, is not known to be conservative-land when it comes to spending. Thank goodness we have many activists in Keene who will speak up and try to do something about this.

My suggestion: Write letters-to-the-editor to as many local papers on the importance of turning these F's into A's or at least B's if they want to stay in office, and send a copy to the legislators personally, just in case the letter is not printed. You could write one letter to cover them all, but letters from several people explaining where you think they went wrong would be in order.

By the way, last night on radio I had an IM from Vancouver Washington from a FSPer who plans to move here in July. His question was, "Have the newcomers made a noticeable difference in things yet?"

Our answer was: "Absolutely, and we love and appreciate it!"

I did not make reference to the FSP, but said "Many liberty-minded individuals are moving to NH because they feel it is the best state to save from government clutches and we are so glad these new NH residents are here".

Kat Kanning

Quote from: GDouglas on April 22, 2005, 08:41 AM NHFT
Maybe you should send it to the offending Reps too. In fact I think they should have their report cards signed by their parents too for failing.  >:D

LOL!  It'll be nice when a failing grade means they don't get re-elected.

GT

I was scanning over the list and noticed a couple of C grades, but those individuals only voted on a single bill. How do you get a C without participating in the other 9 votes?

CNHT

Quote from: GDouglas on April 22, 2005, 09:25 AM NHFT
I was scanning over the list and noticed a couple of C grades, but those individuals only voted on a single bill. How do you get a C without participating in the other 9 votes?

IMHO, missed votes should be figured in as an F... and therefore bring down the whole score. In this case if they voted ONCE, even if they voted your way, they should get an F for non-participation and not graded based on that one vote, but heck, what do I know.

Kat Kanning

Beware the schoolmistress of the dark!  She gives out F's with a firm hand!   :)

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on April 22, 2005, 09:57 AM NHFT
Beware the schoolmistress of the dark!? She gives out F's with a firm hand!? ?:)

LOL! I am just as concerned about people we elected who never show up, as the ones who vote 'wrong'.

For example, one of the two new people we got in from Bedford has never missed a vote as well as voted correctly on each (Moe) but the other (Mark) has missed many votes, most likely because he has a full time job. People should be available if they are going to run for rep.

SethCohn

It was benefit of the doubt... combined with averaging.... For the Interim Report Card, only 10 bills were used... rest assured the 'final' Report Card will not give a C to someone who missed tons of votes.

SethCohn

Quote from: CNHT on April 22, 2005, 09:40 AM NHFT

IMHO, missed votes should be figured in as an F... and therefore bring down the whole score. In this case if they voted ONCE, even if they voted your way, they should get an F for non-participation and not graded based on that one vote, but heck, what do I know.

They were penalized, but with only 10 bills picked, we went with a weighting (raw score including missed votes counted as 'wrong'+ 2x just made votes all divided by 3) that rewarded those who missed just a vote or 2, punished those who missed lots of votes, but one of the minor side effects was the awarding of a few Cs to those who missed most of the votes (for good or bad).

Overall, the ratings are accurate, but I can tell you (and told the Reps themselves): some of this was the mix of bills... I know for a fact there were Reps who got D or Cs who are overall an A- or B, and even Reps who got Fs who are easily a C.... in the bigger picture.... but with a limited selection of bills used, attempting to give a balanced picture....

For those wondering why we didn't use more bills,  or grade 'harsher'...  at some point, you have to say "Why a report card?" if you are failing too many... As it is, we got criticism we failed too many... and should have done it lighter, AND got criticism we failed too few and should have done it harder... so I think we hit a good balance....  Including more bills, the top Reps floated high, and the rest sunk lower... (If we'd given 3 A's and 350 F's, who would care?  This way, only about half the house got a F, and some got a true F- )

SethCohn

Quote from: CNHT on April 22, 2005, 10:13 AM NHFT
People should be available if they are going to run for rep.

Are you available to run in the Fall of 2006?  Webmistress of the Dark for Rep!

CNHT

Quote from: SethCohn on April 22, 2005, 11:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on April 22, 2005, 10:13 AM NHFT
People should be available if they are going to run for rep.

Are you available to run in the Fall of 2006?? Webmistress of the Dark for Rep!

LOL well yes! And it's been suggested I run before....however, I am not sure I would get elected since I have been a high profile activist in Bedford for a long time and much maligned by the 'schoolie' crowd. I would have to move and run elsewhere...
Moe was part of our group and was handily elected...however, some wrote bad things about him in the paper saying we should NOT 'rubber stamp' him just because he ran as a Republican, and consequently mounted a write-in campaign. She only got 800 votes though, so he won, even beating out our resident RINO, Michael 'scam-man' Scanlon, master retaliator and of Eminent Domain fame.

GT

I guess I just don't understand they rating system. If you miss 90% of the votes I don't see how you get anything other than a F.