• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2nd annual Burning Porcupine Festival June 1-14?

Started by Lloyd Danforth, November 11, 2008, 07:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Raineyrocks

I'm sorry, I read the whole thread and I'm confused.    :-\

I thought Porcfest had field day type stuff for kids during the day?  If not what do kids do there, is it fun for them?   I've been telling the kids that it's like field day and I'm pretty sure we'd be able to make it this year, (well '09), so I need to know what to tell them.

Am I understanding there will be a t-shirt contest? 

So it's going to be at Gunstock and The Hoyt Farm? 

I was talking to Rick about Porcfest last week and asked him if it would be okay for me to get a couple days/nights all to myself at Porcfest.   I just want to party without feeling like I'm married and have kids asking me questions, complaining and stuff.  Does that sound wrong? 

I was going to rent a motel room near Gunstock but I guess I shouldn't?  I am terrified of camping out though because of bugs, frogs, etc. but then I will miss the party tent, right?

Tom Ploszaj

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2008, 08:43 AM NHFT
I was thinking early August.

We could have people camp in Grafton around the time of Porcfest if they want. :)

I'd like Burning Porcupine during full moon in August.

About PorcFest .....
I would like to suggest  a thought...... that we should not "compete" with the FSP "PorcFest" but work together towards our mutual benefit.

"Grafton" could offer;   
to meet with and assist both the FSP and the "PorcFest" organizers with the 2009 event by asking them how we could help get more attendees to PorcFest by providing the FSP with complementary opportunities for their attendees, speakers and venders.

Working together we can provide the FSP with;
additional facilities for those who do not wish or afford to camp/stay at Gunstock,   a cost effective more "rule free" environment offer for PorcFest attendees ("fun tent"),  a media opportunity of the FSP growth, a media opportunity of FSP members working together, additional "Free Staters" to work with the FSP,   FSP recruitment help showing that Free Staters are accomplishing things, a  personalization of the FSP movement, added times/opportunities for their speakers/venders, access to "Free Staters" who are doing things, personal networking with people and ideas, opportunity to make person friendships, etc...

Working together we can provide Grafton with;
the opportunity to show the FSP we have the logistics, manpower and commitment and are able to provide a place with amenities for enlarging PorcFest, a willingness to work with the FSP, the possibility of a more cost effective 2010 FSP funded PorcFest type of event, access to more Free Staters who may consider the move to Grafton to live and work at achieving Freedom, spreading our ideas and agendas, a network of more people,  opportunity to work together on projects, a larger state wide support system, opportunity to brainstorm ideas, long term goals, educating those that do not understand our activism, letting more people know of the Grafton events (Apple Harvest, Burning Porcupine, Nov. 5 G. Fawkes bonfire)

Grafton could provide the FSP with the advertizing opportunities of "Porcupines" populating NH while Grafton in turns reaps some publicity and getting the attention of activists who make wish to make the move to a more freedom friendly place where we work and support each other.

John

John

AntonLee

wow in one week Porcfest in my mind has gone from the one event I definitely wanted to go to, to an event that I'd rather not go to at all.  I thought it was supposed to be the less uptight FSP event.

In this one week I've also been seduced into one event I hadn't really considered (considering I barely know anyone).  This really sounds like a fun event, even without any 'seminars'  ;D 

Full moon, hell yeah! 

plus I've been dying to go up to Grafton to check it out.  I need a vacation, let me tell ya.

you guys really have your s--- together.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 11, 2008, 01:46 PM NHFT

I thought Porcfest had field day type stuff for kids during the day?  If not what do kids do there, is it fun for them?   I've been telling the kids that it's like field day and I'm pretty sure we'd be able to make it this year, (well '09), so I need to know what to tell them.

I was talking to Rick about Porcfest last week and asked him if it would be okay for me to get a couple days/nights all to myself at Porcfest.   I just want to party without feeling like I'm married and have kids asking me questions, complaining and stuff.  Does that sound wrong? 

I was going to rent a motel room near Gunstock but I guess I shouldn't?  I am terrified of camping out though because of bugs, frogs, etc. but then I will miss the party tent, right?

Rainey,  Porcfest is the annual camping festival run by the FSP at Gunstock from June 4 - 7, this year.  People camp, party and there are vendors there to sell you stuff and speakers who will tell you what you already know, and Nazi Park people to keep you in line.  You have to pay to get in.

Burning Porcupine Festival is a two week long party in Grafton, apparently in August, with no vendors and no speakers. Its free.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 11, 2008, 03:53 PM NHFT

Rainey,  Porcfest is the annual camping festival run by the FSP at Gunstock from June 4 - 7, this year.  People camp, party and there are vendors there to sell you stuff and speakers who will tell you what you already know, and Nazi Park people to keep you in line.  You have to pay to get in.

Burning Porcupine Festival is a two week long party in Grafton, apparently in August, with no vendors and no speakers. Its free.

Wow, thanks Lloyd!  :)   I guess I'll be making deviled eggs for the Burning Porcupine Festival then!  ;D     Do I still have to sleep in a tent though?   Will there be things for the kids to do?

Raineyrocks

I was talking to Rick about Porcfest last week and asked him if it would be okay for me to get a couple days/nights all to myself at Porcfest.   I just want to party without feeling like I'm married and not have kids asking me questions, complaining and stuff.  Does that sound wrong? 

I'm suffering a self inflicted guilt trip, (aren't most of them?), about the part I wrote on here about partying without feeling like I'm married.   What I meant is I want to feel like I did when I was younger and of course I wasn't married then.   Does anybody understand that?  I want Rick to be there most of the time but for a couple of days I just want to venture out on my own and if he's there I'll know that someone I see all of the time is there.  Gosh, I bet I'm making it sound worse, I'll stop here.  :)

41mag

Rainey's doing a wet T-shirt contest?  Cool.   ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: 41mag on November 11, 2008, 04:45 PM NHFT
Rainey's doing a wet T-shirt contest?  Cool.   ;D

That will be on one of those 2 days I'm on my own!  ;) :D  I'm only kidding but I do have a really neat idea for a t-shirt though, if there is a contest.  :)

Puke

Last year was my first full attendance at PF. (Four days? What the hell?)
It's likely the last. Gunstock really sucks.

I would love to go to Burning Porc with the Fun Tent (TM).

Grafton also has a bonfire site. I bet we could even set up a range right there within walking distance.
No one to bitch about carrying a beer around. No one bitching about other substances.

Burning Porc could be one long ass party. I want to attend one long ass party.  ;D

Pat K

Funny enough, I was just reading the
Porc-fest thread last night night on the
FSP site , and was thinking=well it was
fun while it lasted. But F this I ain't going.
( I am sure there are a few folks who will be glad
to hear that)

It was only tolerable for me last year because
of Jason's generosity. The thought of having to
traipse up to the lodge and be held captive by
the gunstock staff is to much for me.

So I'M all in for Burning Porc, the money I usually
spend to camp at porc-fest can be donated to this effort.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Puke on November 11, 2008, 04:49 PM NHFT
Last year was my first full attendance at PF. (Four days? What the hell?)
It's likely the last. Gunstock really sucks.

I would love to go to Burning Porc with the Fun Tent (TM).

Grafton also has a bonfire site. I bet we could even set up a range right there within walking distance.
No one to bitch about carrying a beer around. No one bitching about other substances.

Burning Porc could be one long ass party. I want to attend one long ass party.  ;D

Me too!  Like a '09 Woodstock or something, we need to get some rock bands together!  ;D

What do you think, Lauren and Kat?

Kat Kanning