• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2nd annual Burning Porcupine Festival June 1-14?

Started by Lloyd Danforth, November 11, 2008, 07:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 11, 2008, 05:32 PM NHFT
Lauren is in jail and can't answer.

I didn't know Lauren was in jail. :(  I'll look for the thread instead of bugging you by asking why.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MengerFan on November 11, 2008, 11:21 AM NHFT
I would be very happy to be included in the planning of Burning Porc, as well as in the construction of any amenities for the site. Y'all feel free to contact me here or otherwise.
your fun tent is welcome any time of year here at the Hoyt Farm/Porcupine Recreation Area/Burning Porcupine site

Raineyrocks

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MengerFan on November 11, 2008, 01:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 11, 2008, 01:06 PM NHFT
Wow, just found out the Fun Tent was banned from Gunstock!  :o  THAT wouldn't happen at Hoyt.

Hence the defection. Hope you're interested in accepting a ton of new Burning Porc attendees.
You can do similar good deeds during Burning Porcupine or hold your own "Jason's Fun Tent Weekend" whenever it works best for you. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Ploszaj on November 11, 2008, 02:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2008, 08:43 AM NHFT
I was thinking early August.
I'd like Burning Porcupine during full moon in August.

About PorcFest .....
I would like to suggest  a thought...... that we should not "compete" with the FSP "PorcFest" but work together towards our mutual benefit.
I'm not interested in working with the FSP leadership or the Porcfest leaders on any events. If decent members of the FSP want to visit us here, then we can have fun.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 11, 2008, 03:53 PM NHFT
Burning Porcupine Festival is a two week long party in Grafton, apparently in August, with no vendors and no speakers. Its free.
last year we had some speakers ... we just had to take away the bottle from Dale and the right reverend and most of it stopped ;)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 11, 2008, 04:16 PM NHFT
Burning Porcupine Festival is a two week long party in Grafton, apparently in August, with no vendors and no speakers. Its free.
Wow, thanks Lloyd!  :)   I guess I'll be making deviled eggs for the Burning Porcupine Festival then!  ;D     Do I still have to sleep in a tent though?   Will there be things for the kids to do?
Kids had fun last year. I would say it was extremely kid friendly ... since we are playing in fields and the woods all week. Kids even get to build bonfires. :)
I will start a thread about when we should hold Burning Porcupine.
Rainey ... you could stay in a 5 star hotel during the event ... and drive to the site each day. ;)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Puke on November 11, 2008, 04:49 PM NHFT
Grafton also has a bonfire site. I bet we could even set up a range right there within walking distance.
Actually ... for safety ... the Grafton gang has a nice set up down the road at Sargent Hill.
At the Hoyt Farm, you never know who might be wandering in the woods. We have hunters going after the occasional moose or deer and fishermen.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on November 11, 2008, 04:52 PM NHFT
It was only tolerable for me last year because
of Jason's generosity. The thought of having to
traipse up to the lodge and be held captive by
the gunstock staff is to much for me.

So I'M all in for Burning Porc, the money I usually
spend to camp at porc-fest can be donated to this effort.
I spent one day at Gunstock during Porcfest last year and enjoyed the AltExpo and the Fun Tent.
We had a smaller version of the AltExpo at Burning Porcupine last year.

You could bring the largest cooler known to man ... we could use it as a couch and soapbox for speeches. ;D

Tom Sawyer

I like the idea of investing work/capital in a place that we get to enjoy again, unlike paying someone else and the money disappears.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2008, 05:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on November 11, 2008, 04:16 PM NHFT
Wow, thanks Lloyd!  :)   I guess I'll be making deviled eggs for the Burning Porcupine Festival then!  ;D     Do I still have to sleep in a tent though?   Will there be things for the kids to do?
Kids had fun last year. I would say it was extremely kid friendly ... since we are playing in fields and the woods all week. Kids even get to build bonfires. :)
I will start a thread about when we should hold Burning Porcupine.
Rainey ... you could stay in a 5 star hotel during the event ... and drive to the site each day. ;)

Great thanks, Russell!  :)   So it probably will be in August then?

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2008, 05:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on November 11, 2008, 04:52 PM NHFT
It was only tolerable for me last year because
of Jason's generosity. The thought of having to
traipse up to the lodge and be held captive by
the gunstock staff is to much for me.

So I'M all in for Burning Porc, the money I usually
spend to camp at porc-fest can be donated to this effort.
I spent one day at Gunstock during Porcfest last year and enjoyed the AltExpo and the Fun Tent.
We had a smaller version of the AltExpo at Burning Porcupine last year.

You could bring the largest cooler known to man ... we could use it as a couch and soapbox for speeches. ;D

Then theres this option.  ;D

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on November 11, 2008, 06:24 PM NHFT

Then theres this option.  ;D
I like it .... you know you can still tell where you used to drive your car back and forth between your tent and the various locations. :)