• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

When should we hold Burning Porcupine 2009?

Started by Russell Kanning, November 11, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

I like Sept. 4th.  Who knows maybe we can even grind a few early apples into cider.

Russell Kanning

that does make sense ... especially if the Grafton Apple Festival becomes a Grafton green thang

dalebert

You know, during Porcfest shouldn't necessarily be looked at as "sticking it to them". Grafton isn't very far of a drive from Gunstock and it's probably not that hard to do some of both. One could camp at Hoyt and enjoy the fun tent and just commute to Gunstock for certain events that primarily fall during the day on the weekends.

Russell Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2008, 07:25 AM NHFT
so you want to vote for June?

Not necessarily. Truth is, I'll prolly attend a significant portion of it whenever it falls.

Lloyd Danforth

Guess we're looking at two Burning Porcupine Festivals.   Perhaps BP lite during Porcfest as Dale suggested and one in Aug or Sept.

Kat Kanning

So you guys want one at beginning of June, Lloyd?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 12, 2008, 07:47 AM NHFT
Guess we're looking at two Burning Porcupine Festivals.   Perhaps BP lite during Porcfest as Dale suggested and one in Aug or Sept.
How about Free Town Fest in June?
I don't like the term Burning Porcupine enough to use it for everything.

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2008, 09:30 AM NHFT
I don't like the term Burning Porcupine enough to use it for everything.

I love the term, but I agree that it should be used only once a year or its meaning gets watered down.

Russell Kanning

dalebert

I was just thinking today that we should have events going on at Hoyt farm during Porcfest and it should just be thought of as an extension of Porcfest rather than a competition. Think about it. It's not that far from Gunstock. People could easily camp at Hoyt farm for free and party at the Fun Tent and carpool over to Gunstock for speakers or other events that they're interested in. Most of the stuph is during the day on the weekend. People who are doing the bus tours could camp at PF during the week and then either move over to Hoyt for the weekend or just stay at Gunstock if they don't wanna pack up, and commute to Hoyt to party with us. This is kind of a no brainer, really. Sounds easy enough to do.

Whatcha think?

Russell Kanning

decent people are welcome to camp here next summer, including during Porcfest, they just need to get in touch with us ahead of time
If you would like to organize, or help with some events during that time, that would be great.

Daien

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 11, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT
If you know people that don't frequent this forum, please add their input here also.

I don't frequent the forum as often as I should, so I'm glad I saw this. I voted for September, just because a bonfire seems more amenable in the cooler weather. But what do I know? And really, I'll be enjoying it whatever time it happens!  ;D

shyfrog

I am voting July because I would like my children to be exposed to as much liberty oriented activity as possible, over a longer period of time while they are out for the summer.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 12, 2008, 08:06 AM NHFT
So you guys want one at beginning of June, Lloyd?

I've given it some thought.  It might be nice to have the showers running, a porta potty or two and some amenities for visitors and campers just before, during and just after Porcfest, and have an open  invitation to the folks attending PF to come and hang out in Grafton.