• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

When should we hold Burning Porcupine 2009?

Started by Russell Kanning, November 11, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I am planning on us having some stuph up and running for the whole summer.
We are planning more permanent solutions, so it will not just be for a week or so. :)

Russell Kanning

shyfrog's kids might be the deciding factor for me :)

dalebert

You know, you could seriously undercut the cost of campsites in Gunstock and put that money into a fund to enhance the facilities on the farm for future events, starting with some sort of permanent toilets and showers.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

jerry

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2008, 09:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 12, 2008, 07:47 AM NHFT
Guess we're looking at two Burning Porcupine Festivals.   Perhaps BP lite during Porcfest as Dale suggested and one in Aug or Sept.
How about Free Town Fest in June?
I don't like the term Burning Porcupine enough to use it for everything.
A Free Town Fest in June would give the bus tour from Porcfest somewhere to go TO.
I heard the bus tour to Grafton last year was a bit of a disappointment.
It would be a good opportunity to encourage settling in Grafton to incoming porcs.

Russell Kanning

I agree.
We could send the bus to all of the best locations in Grafton ... we could get them lost on the back roads long enough that the entire busload would just have to buy land and start living in the town. ;)

firecracker joe

that sounds like a great idea russell just have them use a navigation system and their bound to end up on some back woods dead end road or class 6 non maintained rd. land prices will probably be cheaper by then id bet .grafton is a nice county in my opinion as a native all counties north of merrimack are woodsy and quaint small towns i think manchester has more pople than all of coos county which i believe has the most land than any county in NH. and is beautiful land .although i think grafton county is just as nice ive just always been a hermit and the more spread out my neighbors are the better i like them.but some need the bright lights of the city. i'll take a bonfire over city lights and ordinances any day especially without a permit.no matter what county you choose just get to NH. We need you and all liberty lovers..so come live free or die

Russell Kanning

any reason we shouldn't set it up for August?

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 14, 2008, 12:22 AM NHFT
We could send the bus to all of the best locations in Grafton ... we could get them lost on the back roads long enough that the entire busload would just have to buy land and start living in the town. ;)

You guys should come up with your own Grafton map since all the others seem to be outdated.

Russell Kanning

shyfrog

I'm posting this here as well (just in case anyone missed it on that other burning porc post)

My children will be missing PorcFest this year due to the early dates. They will be flying out on June 15th (or soon after) and flying back July 27th.
I really want them to be exposed, as much as possible, to the liberty movement while they are with me.
They were extremely disappointed when I informed them they couldn't attend PorcFest. I think they might enjoy Burning Porc more anyway  :icon_pirat:

I'm just throwing that out for consideration and I realize I am only one voice in the wilderness :P

dalebert

A couple of benefits of having it after PF, that I can think of:

1) It should be warmer
2) We can promote it AT Porcfest
3) Gives a little more time to improve the facilities

Kat Kanning

4)  Less bugs.  Beginning of June is prime bug season

Becky Thatcher

My vote would be for July.  I think it would be nice to have it when Shyfrog's kids are here.  More kids at Burning Porcupine is a very good thing!  I'm sure the pres would agree if he were here, but he has been whisked away to a secret location for high level talks and activities.  8)