• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by John LM, June 16, 2010, 01:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John LM

Hi everyone! I live in Michigan right now, but plan on moving to New Hampshire by the end summer or early fall. I should have about $2500 to $3000 saved up at that point. I don't own a vehicle at the moment, so I'm looking for a city that's very walkable. From my (admittedly limited) understanding of the free state, I believe that my best options are either Keene or Manchester.

I'm planning on visiting both areas in probably mid-to-late July, maybe early August. I'd like to get an apartment, either by myself or with a friend of mine who's considering making the move as well. I wish I could come visit the state during PorcFest, but one of my coworkers is getting married this weekend, so I'm stuck here.

I started becoming liberty-minded after reading Atlas Shrugged about a year or so ago. I'm not really sure how I would label myself as far as the political spectrum goes, but I'm really not a big fan of labels anyhow. I would love to see a completely voluntary society, I'm just not entirely sure how that would be possible without some form of government protection. I'm in the process of reading "The Market For Liberty," though, so I'm hoping that will provide the answers I'm searching for. Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all!

-John