• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

First principles for a just society

Started by error, November 13, 2008, 04:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

This could use some refinement, and I hope you all can help with some suggestions.

That said, here are what I think are some basic first principles on which to found a society.

1. No act shall be considered a crime which does not directly harm another person or the property of another person.

2. No failure to act shall be considered a crime which does not directly harm another person or the property of another person, and for which the person failing to act does not have the intent to cause such harm.

3. No person shall be compelled to act, or to refrain from acting, except when he is found guilty of a crime meeting the above two requirements.

Dan

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QuoteThe Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures. It was designed as a response to the controversial writ of assistance (a type of general search warrant), which was a significant factor behind the American Revolution. Toward that end, the amendment specifically requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned, supported by probable cause and be limited in scope according to specific information supplied by a person (usually a law enforcement officer) who has sworn by it and is therefore accountable to the issuing court.

That, and this are important:
Quotenor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

All that said, I like Ruwart's elegant solutions:
  Loser pays arbitration + there must be proof of a victim.

J’raxis 270145

Aren't these just derivations from the Non-Aggression Principle as the first principle?

error

Some people need things explained to them.