• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Help with Keene Porc Manor Saturday morning

Started by dalebert, November 13, 2008, 05:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

dalebert

This is sad, but it looks very unlikely that this porc manor is going to happen after all. It's complicated but what it boils down to is a very elaborate inspection report full of problems and no financial justification for the massive amount of work necessary due to code and zoning laws about how the property can be used.

I'm more disappointed than anyone. As for the furniture that people helped me with, that's not a loss. It will still go to use in SOME porc manor. Just probably not this one.

AntonLee

Becky Thatcher

That's too bad Dale, it would have been fun.   :-\ 

Porcupine Realtor

Bummer! Don't worry, you'll find another.  There are tons of properties out there right now at down n dirty prices.

Friday, let's get the Friday's Freehold going!  I can help.

Mark

Lloyd Danforth

Definite Bummer.  I'm guessing the sellers won't come down enough to cover the cost of hoop jumping.

Puke

Bummer. But think of it as dodging a bullet.
Maybe the place was wreck in disguise.

Something will come along. What with all the economy stuff going on.  

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 18, 2008, 04:53 PM NHFT
Definite Bummer.  I'm guessing the sellers won't come down enough to cover the cost of hoop jumping.

We're not even going back to the sellers about lowering the price. What it comes down to is a renovations nightmare that just can't be made worthwhile based on code requirements and zoning restrictions. I picked up the inspection reports today and it was just overwhelming. Found out the church is unrentable without bathrooms and it doesn't even have a sewer line right now (I thought it did when I made the offer) and both properties have sub-standard wiring that has to be replaced before they're even insurable, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. If we could actually use the properties somewhat creatively, we could do all kinds of cool stuph that might make the work justifiable but there's just no way in Hell. To say it's risky is an understatement.

dalebert

Quote from: Taxinator on November 18, 2008, 04:39 PM NHFT
Bummer! Don't worry, you'll find another.  There are tons of properties out there right now at down n dirty prices.

Oh, I know. As fun as this could have been (if only the numbers could be made to work), I feel I'm much better off with a more standard leasing endeavor.

What's that?

The good news is I have time to prepare a little better and I've learned some things that might save me some of the trouble and expense we went to on this place.

Tom Sawyer

Friday

Quote from: Taxinator on November 18, 2008, 04:39 PM NHFT
With the down payment?! How sweet!  :angel4:

dalebert

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dalebert on November 18, 2008, 08:19 PM NHFT
Oh, Friday is working on a manor too? Cool!

Each tenant gets their own cat when they move in :)

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Thats good marketing!
Hard to turn down free
uh never mind.  >:D