• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sign-up sheet: Accompany Walk For Liberty across NH

Started by Kat Kanning, November 14, 2008, 02:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I'm totally up for walking with him, but I think I like better the idea of being there to greet him at the new Porc Manor in Marlborough. Maybe I could meet him at the border and walk for a while and then drive ahead.

Fluff and Stuff

Or walk with Will from Keene to the new Porcmanor.  You know he will include it in his video.  It is a free ad for you.

Tom Sawyer

Dale is an impeccable host... he may even welcome them to the shire as the Ambassador that he is. At his new location... which by the way is going to blow everyone away...

dalebert

My only issue with this plan so far is it's not as cinematic as gathering as many porcs as we possibly can to be standing just inside the border when he crosses it. I'd love to have a ginormous crowd there with a ginormous sign held by several people that says something like "You no longer walk alone". Then as he crosses the border, we all start walking with him. POWERFUL symbolism for the FSP captured on video. Picture that sprinkled with the magical pixie dust of Roger's amazing editing skills. BAM!

Tom Sawyer

The bridge is in a beautiful setting over the river. Nice place for a party I mean spontaneous gathering of people that happen to arrive there to see their new friends arrive.  :D

Welcome to the shire, welcomed with the interesting cast of characters. The Cardinal, the Ambassador, the midget president, his giant robed VP, the Schnergenberger rep. and many others could be at the ribbon. Very photogenic and wacky enough to catch the imagination.

Wow, it is a little of a side path, but too bad the precession couldn't go by to say hey to our captioned buddy Ian.  ;D

Friday

Assuming this is still scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 6th at 11:00AM, I will be there.  I also contacted Lady-Liberty-with-a-Black-Eye's press agent to check her availability, but haven't heard back yet.   :brave:

In Hawaii, when you arrive, they place a necklace of beautiful fragrant flowers around your neck.  Here in New Hampshire, you get a necklace of Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins.   :boogie:

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on November 19, 2008, 05:40 AM NHFT
Assuming this is still scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 6th at 11:00AM, I will be there.  I also contacted Lady-Liberty-with-a-Black-Eye's press agent to check her availability, but haven't heard back yet.   :brave:

In Hawaii, when you arrive, they place a necklace of beautiful fragrant flowers around your neck.  Here in New Hampshire, you get a necklace of Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins.   :boogie:

Not as good as getting Layed and, fattening!

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 15, 2008, 07:41 PM NHFT
I like the symbology of Will walking most of the way across America alone, but at the Free State, he always has company on his journey to freedom.

Kat, that made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Well done, I needed it on this cold morning.

Jennifer

Quote from: Friday on November 19, 2008, 05:40 AM NHFTIn Hawaii, when you arrive, they place a necklace of beautiful fragrant flowers around your neck.  Here in New Hampshire, you get a necklace of Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins.   :boogie:

I never got a Munchkin necklace. :'(

Friday

Quote from: Jennifer on November 19, 2008, 01:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on November 19, 2008, 05:40 AM NHFTIn Hawaii, when you arrive, they place a necklace of beautiful fragrant flowers around your neck.  Here in New Hampshire, you get a necklace of Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins.   :boogie:

I never got a Munchkin necklace. :'(
What???  I gave it to shyfrog and told him to give it to you.  He must have eaten it!!   :hopmad:

Jennifer

Quote from: Friday on November 19, 2008, 02:03 PM NHFTWhat???  I gave it to shyfrog and told him to give it to you.  He must have eaten it!!   :hopmad:

Notice to shyfrog: I'm not paying my rent until I get back what is rightfully mine. >:(

Kat Kanning

I saw a trail of ants a block wide leaving Peterborough.  Maybe shyfrog is innocent!

Daien

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 19, 2008, 07:23 AM NHFT
Not as good as getting Layed and, fattening!

Lei'd, Lloyd, Lei'd!
(and actually, it would only be lei; the 'd is a due to English, and if we go even further, it would be               . That's right, there's actually no alphabet in Hawaiian! Totally off the point, but I just couldn't help stepping in!)

And, I can't believe I'm going to miss another event. I already have plans for that entire weekend that can't be changed. :(

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: dalebert on November 16, 2008, 06:51 AM NHFT
My only issue with this plan so far is it's not as cinematic as gathering as many porcs as we possibly can to be standing just inside the border when he crosses it. I'd love to have a ginormous crowd there with a ginormous sign held by several people that says something like "You no longer walk alone". Then as he crosses the border, we all start walking with him. POWERFUL symbolism for the FSP captured on video. Picture that sprinkled with the magical pixie dust of Roger's amazing editing skills. BAM!

QFT.  If I were directing there would be a bunch of random people taking in the sights from the bridge and Will approaching the bridge alone.  As he walked by they'd each fall-in beside him, with a full-on mob behind him by NH landfall.  Bonus if the newstrucks are filming.

Planning to be there since April.