• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sign-up sheet: Accompany Walk For Liberty across NH

Started by Kat Kanning, November 14, 2008, 02:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

The original plan was,I believe to end at the house that Dale was going to buy.

Kat Kanning

AnarchoJesse

I am free to do this. And I can stand the weather. I'm late, but sign me up!

Kat Kanning

Great :)

Is anyone available to help shuttle people around?

Where should we party Saturday night?  A restaurant?  Someone's house?

Mike Barskey

I'm planning on walking with Will all day, but if I poop out I'll be glad to drive people around. Although, I'm not sure where my car will be (should I leave it where we meet Will, or where we plan to end up?).

Originally, I think Will planned to end the walk that day in Marlborough because the party would be at the house Dale almost bought. Where will the day's walk end, now? If in Keene, will someone volunteer their house for a party? Or perhaps Vendetta?

dalebert

Vendetta might be good. We should warn the owner. I suspect it will be quite a crowd.

Mike Barskey

Maybe he'd be willing to do another buffet that night. A buffet might be a better food arrangement for a party than ordering from a menu.

FTL_Ian

Vendetta is normally busy on Sat nights.  Timeframe will likely be a major factor.  Vendetta will likely know more.

I believe Will is still planning to walk across NH to the coast. From talking with him it sounded like he may walk through NH even more while they are looking for where to settle.

Sign me up for meeting at the bridge outside Brattleboro. For those longtimers, the railroad bridge in VT just before the river is known as the Mary Shiminski bridge, because a love lost trucker painted "Mary Shiminski I love you" on it because he knew that she would see it. Since then the bridge has been replaced, as well as the lament, a few times. Nothing is there now, other than a lillle bit of covered up graffiti.

shyfrog

I know I would like to meet up with him in Peterborough and walk the 2 mile section of FSP adopted 101 highway there :)

Mike Barskey

Can anyone offer me a ride from Keene to the NH/Vermont border this Saturday morning? I plan on walking with Will from the border, where we all meet him, to Keene, where we'll party at Vendetta. I will drive myself (and anyone who wants a ride!) from the Manchester area to Keene, but I'll need a ride to get to the border.

I will pay you for gas. Thanks in advance for any offers!

Daien

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 11, 2008, 10:03 AM NHFT
Can anyone offer me a ride from Keene to the NH/Vermont border this Saturday morning? I plan on walking with Will from the border, where we all meet him, to Keene, where we'll party at Vendetta. I will drive myself (and anyone who wants a ride!) from the Manchester area to Keene, but I'll need a ride to get to the border.

I will pay you for gas. Thanks in advance for any offers!

I can make you a great offer, along with offering you a ride, too :)
No worries on money for gas, I'll get the reimbursement another way . . .

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Libertine on December 11, 2008, 02:37 PM NHFT
I can make you a great offer, along with offering you a ride, too :)
nudge nudge, wink wink ;)

Quote from: Libertine on December 11, 2008, 02:37 PM NHFT
No worries on money for gas, I'll get the reimbursement another way . . .

Groovy. Thanks!

Walk For Liberty

I just realized - it looks like it's about 16 miles from the bridge to downtown Keene.  Considering we're starting at 11 (and perhaps not even then if there's a bit of a celebration at the border) I don't think we'll make Keene before sunset.

error

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 12, 2008, 03:05 AM NHFT
I just realized - it looks like it's about 16 miles from the bridge to downtown Keene.  Considering we're starting at 11 (and perhaps not even then if there's a bit of a celebration at the border) I don't think we'll make Keene before sunset.

So, bring flashlights? :D It shouldn't be that long after sunset.