• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MengerFan

Where is Michael Scofield when you need him?

Mike Barskey

The penalty for the "crime" of having his couch on his property (the "crime" being that a theoretical person complained) was 3 days in jail. The penalty for annoying the judge was 90 days in jail. The purpose of the "judicial" system is to protect the whims of those who work in the "judicial" system.

Mike Barskey

I would guess that a public trial for a code violation being removed from the public eye (well, the public ear, since they could still watch a silent TV, apparently) would make mainstream news. Is this worth alerting the Keene Sentinel?

Giggan

100 days? That's nuts!

Clearly they're trying to scare us...so we can't let it work.

80 years x 365 days =  29,200. 29,200 / 100 = 292. That's 1/292 of a longer than average life in a cage over a couch!

Mike Barskey

I wasn't there for the trial. Is Ian serving his 100 (93?) days in jail starting now? Or will they release him (on bail? will Ian pay?) until their new trial for his "contempt" charges?

AntonLee

tailing burke doesn't sound as bad of an idea anymore.

Fluff and Stuff

I put my Free Ian photos and info on myspace and facebook. 

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteYou had to be there. You really did. It was beginning to feel like the oppression in the federal courtrooms, all in response to us simply speaking up. The tyranny was stifling. I felt like I was suffocating. I was on the verge of tears on the way home. It's the kind of experience that makes you re-think everything. And just to be clear, I don't mean re-thinking things in terms of backing off. Quite the opposite.

I get the clear impression from the tone of the calls that things have changed. I posted on the FTL BBS asking how this changes the dynamic in Keene. It seems clear that the government people are tired of dealing with liberty activists in courts so perhaps it's time to simply stop going to them - after all, the guy called "Judge" is well aware we're already contemptuous of them.

I blogged about this as soon as the Porc 411 messages started coming through. I expected Ian to go to jail today cause he's a stubborn ass, but this seems like a railroading. It didn't even get to the couch part, not even to the demand to see his accuser. Nobody should give that any respect, not even to the point of defending against it. This is frightening, these closed "trials", intimidation of the public before proceedings.

memenode

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteYour blog says 90 days plus 10 days.  I see on this thread it says 90 days for 3 days.

The second Porc 411 message said 90 + 10 for refusal to pay the fines. I'll correct it later if need be once the details are more final. I wanted to get it out to the people why read my feed.

QuoteI thought Jesse in the Porc411 message said Ian refused to sit.

I'll trust the word of those who were there and correct if needed.

QuoteI'd rather Digg the FreeKeene blog because that is the one Ian asked Dale to blog on and it will also promote the Free Keene Blog, which helps Ian again.

It's not a one-or-the-other proposition. ;) No, it's fine. I don't particularly feel as if I conveyed a great point in the blog, and it really is hearsay from me. Once it's up, I'll Digg!

Alex Libman

AntonLee

kola

maybe Shane or Brad can help him?

Since Ian constantly talkded smack about me, continuosly whacked my karma and even set his alarm to wack it hourly, how ironic for him to be a recipient of Instant Karma.

I do hope it all works out for him though.

Often the people who hate me the most, I love the most.

Kola

JonM

I called the court and asked under what RSA they did this, and they said no RSA it was a contempt of court charge.  Nobody could explain to me how that did not have an RSA to back it and they suggested I write or fax in my questions.

Josh

They don't need RSAs.... they have guns.