• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

He was probably charged with direct criminal contempt, which is dealt with summarily.

There are no RSA's involved its an inherent power of the court.

Puke

Honestly I expected him to get arrested.
But 100 days!?
Bunch of power hungry pricks.

I bet Judge Fascist will be jerking off all night to getting his power trip over this "little man that thinks he is free".  >:(

slim

Quote from: Puke on November 14, 2008, 03:33 PM NHFT
Honestly I expected him to get arrested.
But 100 days!?
Bunch of power hungry pricks.

I bet Judge Fascist will be jerking off all night to getting his power trip over this "little man that thinks he is free".  >:(

100 days does seem to be excessive! The cross dresser Burke probably thought he is nipping this freedom thing in the bud but I think he is doing the opposite. 

kola

the "good" judge will be making new "friends".

maybe start a fan club for him since he thinks hes so special that commoners have to stand up in his presence.

Kola

error

When the court is contemptible, it deserves the contempt it's going to get.

Josh

Dave Ridley

i'm confused...i thought ian was jailed for standing and declining to sit.

Josh

I'm pretty sure he was jailed for questioning their authority. Whatever excuse they are using is irrelevant.

neggy

everyone should have done what was requested   Stood up when the Judge entered, but nobody had to say they needed to face the Judge. Turning your back on a person of "authority" is the ultimate insult IMHO

Puke

Quote from: neggy on November 14, 2008, 04:25 PM NHFT
everyone should have done what was requested   Stood up when the Judge entered, but nobody had to say they needed to face the Judge. Turning your back on a person of "authority" is the ultimate insult IMHO

Good point. There are endless ways to both comply and create a new sign of disrespect.

Jim Johnson

The Judge sees himself as royalty, no one may question or disrespect his benevolent self.

He also sees himself as ten times more important than the city of Keene, since one infraction against him equals 30 days where an infraction against the city equals 3 days.

lastlady

Shame on you judge Burke! Shame on you for being so insecure that you must hurt people who have done no harm! Shame on you for violating the oath you swore to protect and honor the Constitution. Shame on you for letting your emotional anger baby impulses lead your actions to violate the rights of others.

Burke you are a traitor!
Burke you are a scumbag!
Burke may everything you do come back to you 10 fold!
Burke may you see the justice you deserve!
Burke you will be remembered as a coward!

So Mote it be 3X3X3!!!

rancemuhamitz

If someone wants to get some "Free Ian Freeman" yard signs professionally made, I'll throw in $50. PM me.

kola

https://secure.nhbar.org/publications/display-news-issue.asp?id=2804

CONCORD - Gov. John Lynch said today that he will nominate Edward Burke of Keene, the former Cheshire County Attorney, to serve as presiding justice of the Keene District Court at Wednesday's Governor and Council meeting. The Council will vote on the nomination after holding a public hearing.

Burke is currently in private practice with the law firm of Bragdon and Berkson in Keene. He served as Cheshire County Attorney from 1997 to 2001.

"Edward Burke has extensive knowledge and experience in the different issues likely to come before the Keene District Court - from criminal law to family law to civil litigation. He has a deep knowledge of the Keene area, and is well suited to meet the challenges facing the Keene District Court," Gov. Lynch said. "With his knowledge of the law and his commitment to the people of New Hampshire, Edward Burke will serve the state well as presiding justice of the Keene District Court."

Gov. Lynch selected Edward Burke from candidates nominated by the Judicial Selection Commission. Gov. Lynch created the Judicial Selection Commission to ensure the most comprehensive searches possible for potential judicial candidates.

"Mr. Burke is enthusiastic, thoughtful, energetic and well spoken. He is well respected by both members of the bar and the bench. His professional experience, including his dedication to his local community, compassion and deep roots in the Keene area make Mr. Burke a highly qualified candidate for the Keene District Court," Jill Blackmer and Philip Waystack, the chairs of the Commission wrote to Gov. Lynch in recommending Burke.

Mr. Burke has practiced law in the City of Keene since 1979. He initially served as an Assistant County Attorney in Cheshire Country from 1979 to 1980 and then moved into private practice where he worked as an associate attorney with two firms, Bragdon, Berkson, Mangones and Arthur Olson. He began his own firm in 1985, and worked as a solo practitioner for 11 years. He served as Cheshire County Attorney from 1997 to 2001. Since 2001, he has been in private practice with Bragdon & Berkson.

Mr. Burke is deeply involved in community activities including currently serving as a member of the board of Rise ... For Baby and Family, an early intervention program for children under 3. He has also served on the board of directors of the Woodward Home in Keene, on the board of the Monadnock United Way, on the board of Monadnock Family Services, and on the board of Cheshire Homes. He has served as the moderator for the Keene school district since 1999, and previously served on the Keene School Board and Keene Zoning Board of Adjustment.

He received his bachelor's degree from the University of New Hampshire in 1974 and his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 1978.

Tom Sawyer

Phone: (603) 399-7794
Fax: (603) 399-8334

Mailing Address
Name
Cheshire County D.O.C.
160 River Road
Westmoreland, NH 03467

Bizarre image from their homepage

Bridge to Freedom

I guess Ian is on the wrong side of the bridge right now.