• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I think this happened to Ian because he talked about protesting outside a judge's home.  They slapped him down.

kola

i already mentioned that earlier Kat, on another thread.

don't steal my thunder..  ;)

bile

http://www.cafepress.com/storeofbile/6196806

"Free Ian" merch.

No commission.

There will be some Free Lauren stuff later. And a couch enforcer shirt.

Ideas/critiques welcome.

Josh

He is a mouthpiece for the movement, and he was made an example of. I think that's all there is to it.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 14, 2008, 05:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2008, 05:34 PM NHFTI wish he had played by their rules and made them put him in jail for the couch, instead of giving them reason to change the subject.

ditto, but i see this as ian's way of educating us by example...we will see things he did right and wrong and learn from them.

Judge Edward Burke (possibly one of the least bad judges you'll encounter)
Dave Ridley

Still think this Dave, or this an example of learning.  :)

Josh

I think it's a safe assumption that we're all still learning. I know Burke gave me a warm/fuzzy feeling when he went back on his decision regarding camera panning.

He has proven that any respect he may have earned from that decision was ill-deserved.

Josh

Can anyone rig a webcam to keep an eye on the couch? Someone is going to take it, eventually, and it would be helpful to know when this happens, as well as having the evidence.

Raineyrocks

I know some people don't like Alex Jones but he does have a pretty big audience I wonder if there is some way to get this story to him.

I've tried emailing him things before and nothing happens, I don't even get a response so I don't know if there is a special email that he pays attention to.

This is starting to become way too large in regards to the blatant Nazi treatment of Lauren, Kat, and now Ian, for this news to stay in New Hampshire.  It ,(news), has to be spread as far as we can take it.

Any ideas?  I'm in for whatever I can do.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2008, 05:56 PM NHFT
I think it's a safe assumption that we're all still learning. I know Burke gave me a warm/fuzzy feeling when he went back on his decision regarding camera panning.

He has proven that any respect he may have earned from that decision was ill-deserved.

You are new to this and it is understandable. They always put on the appearance of decency.

Dave goes out of his way to apologize for judges and cops.
Most of it is his christian, good manners. Some of it is his republican law and order bent.

The only reason I bring it up is because as a "voice of the movement" he sometimes goes too far in the fair and balanced editorializing. Of course that is the downside of narrating. I always let the principals speak for themselves.

Josh

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 14, 2008, 06:05 PM NHFT
You are new to this and it is understandable. They always put on the appearance of decency.

I wake up every day knowing fully well that I'm violating no less than 3 federal laws, and many state laws that I am not even aware of.
Your presumption is ill-informed.

Dave does, obviously, cut some slack to the other side. This is smart.

I am new to this forum, but certainly NOT to the fight. I don't want to argue, just think it's fair that I clarify this.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2008, 06:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 14, 2008, 06:05 PM NHFT

I wake up every day knowing fully well that I'm violating no less than 3 federal laws, and many state laws that I am not even aware of.
Your presumption is ill-informed.

Dave does, obviously, cut some slack to the other side. This is smart.

I am new to this forum, but certainly NOT to the fight. I don't want to argue, just think it's fair that I clarify this.

Nothing I said was meant as a slam...

I think you are a terrific addition.  8) And a good guy to boot.  :)

Just my observations and after dealing with folks involved for a good deal of time.

Josh

No worries. I just wanted to make sure my position was clear.

Thanks. :)

Free libertarian

When a person from the general public is observing a trial and they don't stand, take their hat off or generally kiss the ring of the powerful judge they can be cited and imprisoned for contempt of court? I didn't know that. What if a persons  religion doesn't allow them to "worship"  judges...isn't this in conflict with Constitutional rights? (I know the constitution and bill of rights are pretty much dead but humor me)
I like the idea of standing with backs to the judge...perhaps with shirts all printed with the same message to give the judge something thoughtful to read?

I wonder if the accuser (the couch hater person) knows what has happened to Ian?
I wonder if the couch police feel good about "just doing their job"?
I wonder if the town ordinance is specific on what a couch is? For instance is lawn furniture allowed?
Wicker furniture? Wicker furniture with cushions? A home made hybrid indoor outdoor futon like couch?
When does a piece of furniture become a couch and therefore dangerous...I'm afraid to go in my living room because I think my statist couch might attack me.     

Clearly Ian is being punished for more than having a naughty couch.  He has dared to question the great and powerful Oz.  I feel ashamed to sit and do nothing while he sits somewhere for 100 days.

Ryan was right...alot more people will be jailed for the crime of wanting to be left alone. 

AntonLee

everyone can do something in their own way.  This has lit me up and made me decide on Keene.  I'm so angry just sitting here stewing on what it is I can do.

Puke

QuoteSaturday 9a-12p on 104.1 & 1290 WKBK

Call in: 603-357-1290

Call the local political talk show and bring up Ian's arrest.