• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Ryan McGuire on November 14, 2008, 01:07 PM NHFT
What country is this exactly??
The Shire
but we are currently occupied by troops from the US of A

bile

Anyone have the audio from today that was played on FTL?

Ryan McGuire

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 14, 2008, 07:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ryan McGuire on November 14, 2008, 01:07 PM NHFT
What country is this exactly??
The Shire
but we are currently occupied by troops from the US of A

One of these days I hope you and I can sit around a bon fire and tell stories to people of how it used to be during the occupation.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 14, 2008, 03:14 PM NHFT
I called the court and asked under what RSA they did this, and they said no RSA it was a contempt of court charge.  Nobody could explain to me how that did not have an RSA to back it and they suggested I write or fax in my questions.
the judge said so ... that is why

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Puke on November 14, 2008, 04:32 PM NHFT
There are endless ways to both comply and create a new sign of disrespect.

Funny or not, I wasn't joking when I suggested humming "I've Been Working on the Railroad"--and it would be impossible to tell who was humming.
Are there any wheelchair-bound libertarians who can be placed on seats in the courtroom?

Kat Kanning

Maybe we need a big in court demonstration on the day Ian's hauled in to court again....for the Keene Freedom Festival ticket.

Josh

Could do a little test to see just how many people they can cage at one time.
I can't promise as of yet to attend, but with some notice I'll gladly lose a weekend.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 14, 2008, 07:26 PM NHFT
Maybe we need a big in court demonstration on the day Ian's hauled in to court again....for the Keene Freedom Festival ticket.

Definitely.  A show of mass support at this event would be very significant.

Kat Kanning

All rise for the judge, and give him a big bare ass demo.

Mike Barskey

Folks, I created a website/service that makes it super easy to write letters to jailed freedom activists. Please check out Mail-to-Jail. If you type or paste a letter to Ian or Lauren, I will print it out and mail it to them in jail, and I will pay for postage.

When Lauren was taken last time, I was a little depressed. I thought how tough it must be to be in jail for 30 days (and Ian's in for 93!), and how good it would feel to receive letters from friends and supporters, to hear about news from the real world, about the progress of liberty, about how my actions were affecting others, etc. Just to communicate (even if it's one-way) would help endure the days.

So I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to send letters to imprisoned New Hampshire freedom activists. You don't need to buy postage, print anything out, address an envelope, know the prison name or look up the mailing address, or drop anything in the mail. All of those are very easy to do, but now you have to do none of them anyway! Just go to Mail-to-Jail, type your letter, and I'll mail it for you.

Please write letters to Ian and Lauren. Show them your support and thanks!

neggy

Kat with all due respect, there is no need to chance an indecent exposure charge as part of a protest of ideals. Turning around and facing the other way will send a loud, clear silent message of contempt that will be hard for the sitting Judge to action, but I am not a lawyer.

I once pulled an act of civil disobedience in a courtroom, but I was able to get away from the court officers before they could get me. They were looking for me everywhere, and the local cops, who were sympathetic to my situation, announced every place the were headed to serve me 20 minutes ahead of time, knowing I had multiple scanners running in my car. I was sitting 20 miles away planning my exodus to the mid west listening to them on the scanner. I even returned to the area to do my Christmas Hayride thing for a local school in plain view of the locals without incident. I did turn myself in the next day and was punished by being made to be the last case of the day. BFD.

Peacemaker

Caller John's reference to Ian's Judge..."Judge Burke is a Jerk" (on FTL's Show tonight) I thought was a civil way to put it and it make me think of: Judge Jerk Burke, or Judge Burke Jerk or Judge BJ are all fitting nicknames for a man who would not give a peaceful man a public hearing (why did he take Ian into a separate room? what's up with that?).  

Bottomline, I found this Judge's behavior extremely disappointing, appalling and disgraceful for someone who is supposed to "protect and uphold the law" and I can only hope that the plain truth of his actions today will be reported.  

Kat Kanning

Quote from: neggy on November 14, 2008, 07:52 PM NHFT
Kat with all due respect, there is no need to chance an indecent exposure charge as part of a protest of ideals. Turning around and facing the other way will send a loud, clear silent message of contempt that will be hard for the sitting Judge to action, but I am not a lawyer.

I once pulled an act of civil disobedience in a courtroom, but I was able to get away from the court officers before they could get me. They were looking for me everywhere, and the local cops, who were sympathetic to my situation, announced every place the were headed to serve me 20 minutes ahead of time, knowing I had multiple scanners running in my car. I was sitting 20 miles away planning my exodus to the mid west listening to them on the scanner. I even returned to the area to do my Christmas Hayride thing for a local school in plain view of the locals without incident. I did turn myself in the next day and was punished by being made to be the last case of the day. BFD.

::) ::) ::)

Kat Kanning

Ian should be able to have visits...even mass visits.  All you need is gov't ID to go in to see him.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: slim on November 14, 2008, 03:37 PM NHFT
100 days does seem to be excessive! The cross dresser Burke probably thought he is nipping this freedom thing in the bud but I think he is doing the opposite. 
hey ... as a fellow robe wearer  :cardinal: ... I find Burke's little black dress to be very tasteful