• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: neggy on November 14, 2008, 08:35 PM NHFT
do the 2 friends we have incarcerated have canteen accounts and are they funded?
probably not at this time
I don't think Lauren will get an account.

Caleb

Is Burke really stupid enough to think he can stop resistance with a little bit heavier hand?

At any rate, my thoughts and prayers are with Ian.  :( 

kellie

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Caleb on November 14, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT
Is Burke really stupid enough to think he can stop resistance with a little bit heavier hand?
yes

kalmia

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 14, 2008, 08:45 PM NHFT
People to call:

Mayor
2008 - 2009
Philip Dale Pregent
Address: 142 Marlboro Street
Phone: 352-6736   

City Hall address:
3 Washington Street
Keene NH 03431
(603) 357-9805

Keene District Court
3 Washington Street
P.O. Box 364
Keene, NH 03431-0364
Justice: Hon. Edward J. Burke  
Special Justice: Hon. Howard B. Lane
Clerk : Larry S. Kane, Esq.
Phone : (603) 352-2559
Hours : Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm

New Hampshire Bar Association
2 Pillsbury Street, Suite 300, Concord NH 03301
phone: (603) 224-6942 fax: (603) 224-2910
email: NHBAinfo@nhbar.org

OK, do you have Burke's home address and phone number?  I looked on zaba, but there are multiple listings.

EDWARD J BURKE Born  May 1948     Record Created: 08/2004
2 LILAC LN         
KEENE, NH  03431   (603) 352-2972   

EDWARD J BURKE Born  May 1948      Record Created: Unknown
2 LILAC LN   
KEENE, NH  03431   (603) 352-6168   

EDWARD J BURKE Born  May 1948     Record Created: 03/2002
56 CHAPMAN RD       
KEENE, NH  03431   (603) 352-2972   

EDWARD J BURKE Born  May 1948     Record Created: 03/2002
56 CHAPMAN RD   
KEENE, NH  03431   (603) 352-6168   

Kat Kanning

Ian apparently had the address.  They said he sent a letter there.

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 14, 2008, 05:47 PM NHFT
I think this happened to Ian because he talked about protesting outside a judge's home.  They slapped him down.

Yes, this is exactly why.

lastlady

From the video footage is is obvious they were planning to arrest him. That footage is very powerful this is going to create a lot of attention.

kalmia

Quote from: Caleb on November 14, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT

At any rate, my thoughts and prayers are with Ian.  :( 

I think they are in the trap where letting Ian do what he wants will encourage Ian to tell others that he is able to get away with what he did.  And if they act as they did today, they will encourage others to help support him after seeing them for what they are.

error

Quote from: kalmia on November 14, 2008, 09:54 PM NHFT
I think they are in the trap where letting Ian do what he wants will encourage Ian to tell others that he is able to get away with what he did.  And if they act as they did today, they will encourage others to help support him after seeing them for what they are.

That's right. Either way, the thugs lose.

memenode

I like the "Freeman Fridays" idea. :)

Quote from: error on November 14, 2008, 10:08 PM NHFT

Yeah though.. I'm not sure which way is better. A lot of people, me included, are still more encouraged if they see you actually can do or not do something and get away with it because we look forward to civil disobedience that doesn't result in months of jail time... So it may encourage people to speak up, rant on, sign up for this and that, go to this or that event.. but will it make them stop complying? Not so sure about that.

Not to mention that as a foreigner NH almost seems like a scary place.. At the same time you have the most liberty activists and so the most people who are actually like me and I could really hang out with, but also the most people getting arrested and tyrannized like this. It's supposed to be a "Free State".. But I guess it's a process.. and maybe the arrests here are just more visible.. in any case if I had a chance to move next year I probably would (I signed the pledge, but it's VERY hard to immigrate nowadays so it might not happen in years)..

JonM

For those who believe in such things:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lv/534/534-mrg.htm
Writs of Habeas Corpus.

534:25 Contempt. – If the person is imprisoned or restrained by order of a justice, or of any court or authority other than the supreme or superior court or a justice thereof, for contempt, the proceedings in the order and the cause thereof may be revised, and the order affirmed, modified or reversed by the superior court or a justice thereof.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: gu3st on November 14, 2008, 10:13 PM NHFT
I like the "Freeman Fridays" idea. :)

Quote from: error on November 14, 2008, 10:08 PM NHFT

Yeah though.. I'm not sure which way is better. A lot of people, me included, are still more encouraged if they see you actually can do or not do something and get away with it because we look forward to civil disobedience that doesn't result in months of jail time... So it may encourage people to speak up, rant on, sign up for this and that, go to this or that event.. but will it make them stop complying? Not so sure about that.

Not to mention that as a foreigner NH almost seems like a scary place.. At the same time you have the most liberty activists and so the most people who are actually like me and I could really hang out with, but also the most people getting arrested and tyrannized like this. It's supposed to be a "Free State".. But I guess it's a process.. and maybe the arrests here are just more visible.. in any case if I had a chance to move next year I probably would (I signed the pledge, but it's VERY hard to immigrate nowadays so it might not happen in years)..

Everyone chooses their comfort level. None of these folks came here this radical. Supporting the people that are taking the risks is an important role.