• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Ian is in his own "Free Ian" picture!   8)

AntonLee

Puke

Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on November 15, 2008, 08:24 AM NHFT
Called TalkBack, said my piece. They didn't have anything to really say but "I hope he'll keep pay the fine or a bail fee".

I tried to ask them about property rights and then got all pissed and hung up on them. Oh well.

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

bok gu3st  ni sam znao da ti si free stater na Hrvatsku!

ali....ne razumijem sasvim dobro hrvatski

Dave Ridley

Quote from: gu3st on November 14, 2008, 10:13 PM NHFT
I like the "Freeman Fridays" idea. :)

Quote from: error on November 14, 2008, 10:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: kalmia on November 14, 2008, 09:54 PM NHFT
I think they are in the trap where letting Ian do what he wants will encourage Ian to tell others that he is able to get away with what he did.  And if they act as they did today, they will encourage others to help support him after seeing them for what they are.

That's right. Either way, the thugs lose.

Yeah though.. I'm not sure which way is better. A lot of people, me included, are still more encouraged if they see you actually can do or not do something and get away with it because we look forward to civil disobedience that doesn't result in months of jail time... So it may encourage people to speak up, rant on, sign up for this and that, go to this or that event.. but will it make them stop complying? Not so sure about that.

Not to mention that as a foreigner NH almost seems like a scary place.. At the same time you have the most liberty activists and so the most people who are actually like me and I could really hang out with, but also the most people getting arrested and tyrannized like this. It's supposed to be a "Free State".. But I guess it's a process.. and maybe the arrests here are just more visible.. in any case if I had a chance to move next year I probably would (I signed the pledge, but it's VERY hard to immigrate nowadays so it might not happen in years)..

gu3st  i love croatia and all that but your president in the 90s had, what, 17 different security/surveillance bureaucracies?  have they all been disbanded and has the tax rate been dropped below 60 percent?

Dave Ridley

did your email link to the courtroom vid?

here is the partially edited courtroom vid i uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TCnMnCwVY

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 14, 2008, 11:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 14, 2008, 10:56 PM NHFT
can someone put out a news release  and get it to the appropriate media.  use the judge yelling vid
i'm tied down making vids

i've made an edit out of some of the arrest video itself, which you can link to in the news release...tells the story pretty well in 3 min

not yet up but check the site

I just sent an urgent email to WMUR with the links to the video and the digg page.  I hope that's what you meant.  :)

I just sent everything to CNN too, you never know!

Dave Ridley

jeremy couch wrote:

<< If this is organized I WILL make the trip come hell or high water.>>

your name IS couch, after all...

like that scene in the movie gandhi where the mahatma says to the journalist... i can't belive you are walking all the way across india with me... and the journalist says well my name IS walker LOL

bile

Since laur is waiting account approval...

she approves of the image above  ;D

http://store.blogofbile.com

She said she wants to put the image on the store. Is that okay?

bile

BTW... that last caller on Talkback was a real tool.

UPDATE:

Is the audio from Talkback available somewhere? I know Ian would cut up the show normally but was that from a personal copy or publicly available? I wasn't up in time to capture the stream.

Soundwave

Called TalkBack, said my piece. They didn't have anything to really say but "I hope he'll keep pay the fine or a bail fee".

There is no bail fee. The asshole on the phone had the nerve to tell me that I could pay $120 to get 3 days off. I told him to go fuck himself.

slim

Quote from: Soundwave on November 15, 2008, 11:07 AM NHFT

There is no bail fee. The asshole on the phone had the nerve to tell me that I could pay $120 to get 3 days off. I told him to go fuck himself.

$40 per day to let him go that is bullshite.

Mike Barskey

bile

slim... i noticed you're using the image from the store from a product... after I grab some lunch I'll upload all those images to ian's page at http://jailedactivist.info so people can use them as they like.

SamIam

If anyone is interested in designing Burke the Jerk wanted posters listing his crimes, I'll spend $150 to get them printed, and they can be put up around town, turned into yard signs, etc. Anyone interested? I think they could also be put up around his neighborhood.