• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

Re:  Tape of Judge speaking to Ian.....

and TO Voice Editing Computer Wizards and/OR  Dave Ridley!

Russel's comment gave me an idea:

Could you dub a "SIMON SAYS!" in front of Burke's "Sit down!" comment to Ian?     I think it would be hilarious.   

PS: I"ll send an email Manwich with the idea, maybe he could do it.

++++++++

RE: Flyers on Doors,

If we can get the right weekend, I would be happy to hang/pass out flyers as well.

Kat Kanning

error

George Donnelly

I set up a site for this, http://93days.com. It's gotten 1300 visits just in the last 2 hours. Let me know if you'd like to participate, have any content for it, ideas, suggestions, etc. thanks.

Kat Kanning

bile

Quote from: georgedonnelly on November 15, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT
I set up a site for this, http://93days.com. It's gotten 1300 visits just in the last 2 hours. Let me know if you'd like to participate, have any content for it, ideas, suggestions, etc. thanks.

You go around and post that everywhere? I've had up http://jailedactivist.info up for 18 hours and only got 115 unique hits or so.

Giggan

Seeing it now for the first time, I'm liking jailedactivist.info. Though it's just starting out, I see lots of potential for that site.

George Donnelly

bile, yes I use social media a lot so I leveraged my experience there to promote 93days.com.

Your site is prominently linked to from every page on 93days.com. Your profile of Ian and the whole story is first-class.

George Donnelly

btw if someone wants to work on similar sites for anyone else, Lauren Canario comes to mind, let me know.

I just joined FSP a few days ago, still coming up to speed.

bile

Quote from: georgedonnelly on November 15, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFT
bile, yes I use social media a lot so I leveraged my experience there to promote 93days.com.

Your site is prominently linked to from every page on 93days.com. Your profile of Ian and the whole story is first-class.

Thanks Giggan and georgedonnelly. I'm still figuring out exactly how it's going to look. Looking for a good theme. I think the Ian writeup came out pretty good. Especially given I wrote it at like 4AM. Now I just need to find some help with filling out stuff on Burke, Patten, Lauren, Russell, etc. The data is spread all over the place unfortunately. It'd be good though for keeping track of everything once up and going. The FSP activists are practically invisible to everyone else in the freedom movement because all the info is on FSP sites and forums.

Friday

Quote from: georgedonnelly on November 15, 2008, 08:40 PM NHFT
I just joined FSP a few days ago, still coming up to speed.
Hi George, I recognize your name from the LP Radicals caucus; glad to hear you'll be joining us in New Hampshire.   :)

warren Smith

infuriating but unfortunately in no way surprising

mackler

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 14, 2008, 10:25 PM NHFT
For those who believe in such things:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lv/534/534-mrg.htm
Writs of Habeas Corpus.

534:25 Contempt. – If the person is imprisoned or restrained by order of a justice, or of any court or authority other than the supreme or superior court or a justice thereof, for contempt, the proceedings in the order and the cause thereof may be revised, and the order affirmed, modified or reversed by the superior court or a justice thereof.

Where a justice of the peace has jurisdiction to punish a contempt, a sentence will not be revised upon habeas corpus, either in respect to the sufficiency of the evidence, or the application of the law, but the proceedings will be examined only so far as to see that the magistrate had jurisdiction.  State ex rel. Welsh v. Towle, 42 NH 540 (1861).

lastlady

Quote from: georgedonnelly on November 15, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT

Very Cool!  :D

n/a

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2008, 07:28 AM NHFT
I agree with Roger.
Are you actually going to do this NA? Do you live close enough to Keene?
I love the idea.

first off, i live in manch, so yeah... i'm pretty close.

second, the discussion gave me an idea.  i've posted the idea on the various libertarian sites i'm on to get some feedback, but i'll open the discussion here as well.

after seeing the video, it's obvious to anyone (who isn't one of those fall in line, the state is always right types) that this was horrifically tyrannical.  for things like this, with the added bonus of ian's national "celebrity" status of sorts, it is something many liberty minded people are willing to speak up about. 

so, i thought it would be helpful to get photos from everyone who could, around the nation, sitting on a couch in front of their local town hall or courthouse, while holding a sign that says "free ian" or "live free or die", etc...  it would only take a few seconds, so by the time any officials came to run people off, the pictures would already be done.  they could send those, with letters of support for ian or letters telling the judge how horrible his treatment of ian was, and we could put those all together in a national message of outrage to the judge.

thoughts?