• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

I couldn't hear it clearly which is why I said "you can't hear whats going on." Maybe I could have put it clearer when I said that, but in all the excitement I was thinking faster than I was speaking.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Peacemaker on November 16, 2008, 09:40 AM NHFT
RE: Complainant name.  I guess this person's name was revealed  (per FTL Mark on Sats. show) and I think it would be great to hear from that person..a recorded interview of their thoughts on how their complaint got a peaceful man 93 days in jail (over a damn couch!).

I really think her house ought to be picketed, too.  The general populace needs to be made aware that notifying the government over minor issues that can be resolved personally often has far-reaching consequences.  Think of the parents who've phoned police with the intent of scaring their negligibly trouble-making kids, and ended up planning funerals.  (There are several such stories in the FTL archive.)

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Peacemaker on November 16, 2008, 09:40 AM NHFT
. . . another idea would be to just set up couches in the central square of Keene . . .

Don't forget the signs reading:

HAVE A SEAT!!!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 16, 2008, 08:24 AM NHFTut, a dozen or so cars riding around the Keene area would make a statement
a few guys have pickups or suvs

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 16, 2008, 01:29 PM NHFT
HAVE A SEAT!!!
Sam Alberto Robrin
Sam Alexander Robrin

Have a seat!
Have a seat right now!
Take this man into custody ... I am going for a quick coffee break. Get me DD!

I can see a character on Dave Chappelle

Josh

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 16, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT

Or AIYH. C'mon Dale. You know you wanna...

Even found a picture of Burke for you to reference:

bile

This is apparently the person who complained.

http://jailedactivist.info/bureaucrats/city-officials/mikaela-l-engert/

Please take note of the images toward the bottom of the page. Laur found them at http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/Community_Vision/project.htm ... image 27.

Update: here's an altered image... again thanks to laur

margomaps

Raineyrocks

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 15, 2008, 10:12 AM NHFT
did your email link to the courtroom vid?

here is the partially edited courtroom vid i uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TCnMnCwVY

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 14, 2008, 11:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 14, 2008, 10:56 PM NHFT
can someone put out a news release  and get it to the appropriate media.  use the judge yelling vid
i'm tied down making vids

i've made an edit out of some of the arrest video itself, which you can link to in the news release...tells the story pretty well in 3 min

not yet up but check the site

I just sent an urgent email to WMUR with the links to the video and the digg page.  I hope that's what you meant.  :)

I just sent everything to CNN too, you never know!

Yes, I emailed the link to the courtroom video.  :)

bile

Quote from: margomaps on November 16, 2008, 03:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: bile on November 16, 2008, 03:05 PM NHFTThis is apparently the person who complained.

How do you know that?

It was talked about by several people in the FTL Stickam chatroom last night. Mark Edge said he was unable to make out the name when Judge Burke had her name announced in the closed room trial but said it started with an 'M'. We know it was a young woman in Keene who didn't really live near him. And she talked with Ian on Talkback a week before the first violation was issued. She fits the evidence pretty well. But as I said it's not confirmed yet. I asked Mark to confirm with Ian. Perhaps whoever talks or visits him first can ask because I think he's the only person who knows really.

Josh

It would be wise to hold back any accusations until there is confirmation. I've been on the wrong end of that stick myself, and it's not a good place to be.

laur

Quote from: Josh on November 16, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT
It would be wise to hold back any accusations until there is confirmation. I've been on the wrong end of that stick myself, and it's not a good place to be.

from jailedactivist.info:

"While not confirmed at the time of posting it is believed that she was the anonymous young woman who issued the complaint against Ian Bernard for the couch on his tenants lawn which eventually resulted in his ongoing incarceration."

Josh

I read that, and am appreciative of the fact that it was included. I still suggest it would be a good idea not to involve anyone until it's confirmed.

Excellent work on the imaging stuff, by the way!

Sam A. Robrin

Sam Alberto Robrin
Sam Alexander Robrin

Actually, would you believe the A stands for Anarchy?

Have a seat!
Have a seat right now!
Take this man into custody ... I am going for a quick coffee break. Get me DD!

I was thinking Dogberry from Much Ado About Nothing, except that Shakespeare gave him too much humanity . . .

Russell Kanning

haha

anyways ... the young women is not nearly the problem the cops and judge are