• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Quote from: bile on November 16, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
Are people comfortable with this proof?

Is there any likelihood of a transcript being released? Though it was a mostly private trial, it's still public information, and a court recorder likely had to be there.
In lieu of an 'official' transcript, we have to take the word of witnesses.

margomaps

Edited: I thought she still lived in Vermont.

Puke

How convenient that a person that works for the city gov't and likely knows Parcels (A man obsessed with the FSP in a bad way.) is the one to allegedly make the complaint.

You don't suppose she was asked to make a complaint b/c Parcels asked her to?

Also, how long has she lived on that street? The couch has been there for a couple years.

laur

Quote from: Puke on November 16, 2008, 07:13 PM NHFT
How convenient that a person that works for the city gov't and likely knows Parcels (A man obsessed with the FSP in a bad way.) is the one to allegedly make the complaint.

You don't suppose she was asked to make a complaint b/c Parcels asked her to?

Also, how long has she lived on that street? The couch has been there for a couple years.

from what ive read (researched), she is a recent mover.
she was living in brattleboro, vermont, 30 minutes west of keene before moving there..

looks like shes been with the city of keene for about 2-ish years.
id be willing to bet she moved in within the year.

bile

Coconut

Quote from: Coconut on November 16, 2008, 06:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on November 16, 2008, 11:43 AM NHFT
A question for those who were in the courtroom: Was there any audio from the "secret trial" room?

There was audio... it was unclear... and I will be posting more information about it later.

And I personally confirm that Ms. Engert was mentioned as the complainant to Ian's couch.

Are people comfortable with this proof? If so I'm going to remove all language indicating it's unknown who the complainant was.

The only reason she wouldn't be the original complainant is if someone else came to her, but I know her name was brought up as the person in court.

Have people vote on if the attached audio file is proof enough.

laur

Quote from: Coconut on November 16, 2008, 07:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on November 16, 2008, 06:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on November 16, 2008, 11:43 AM NHFT
A question for those who were in the courtroom: Was there any audio from the "secret trial" room?

There was audio... it was unclear... and I will be posting more information about it later.

And I personally confirm that Ms. Engert was mentioned as the complainant to Ian's couch.

Are people comfortable with this proof? If so I'm going to remove all language indicating it's unknown who the complainant was.

The only reason she wouldn't be the original complainant is if someone else came to her, but I know her name was brought up as the person in court.

Have people vote on if the attached audio file is proof enough.

the audio isnt so great, but its there at the end. mikaela engert.

Josh

mport1

Mikaela Engert is on Facebook.  If it was indeed her, and you have an account, search for her and send her a nice message telling her that you appreciate her actions.  Flood that inbox.

Also, from http://jailedactivist.info/bureaucrats/city-officials/mikaela-l-engert/

Contact Information:

Mikaela L. Engert
190 River Street
Keene, NH 03431-2454

Work Email: mengert@ci.keene.nh.us
Work Tel: (603) 352-5474

Personal Email: mlengert@gmail.com

Sources:

* http://www.myspace.com/moxiechick_79
    * http://www.greenmtn.edu/career_services/snapshots/engert.aspx
    * http://citizenkeene.ning.com/profile/MikaelaEngert
    * http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/Community_Vision/project.htm

Josh

She has an F-Bomb on her myspace page. That's disorderly conduct in most jurisdictions, according to cops in said jurisdictions.

I'd like to file a complaint.

Irony defined:

"I wouldn't advise aggressing against anybody" ..... "I want to stress this whole thing is really about community dialog and it's about having conversations with people and it's not about being aggressive towards anybody."

margomaps

Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFT
Mikaela Engert is on Facebook.  If it was indeed her, and you have an account, search for her and send her a nice message telling her that you appreciate her actions.  Flood that inbox.

While I accept that this is in all probability what will occur, I think it's a bad idea.  Ignoring the question of whether she deserves to be shunned or whatever, having an angry mob bury her with "nice messages" (the majority of which probably won't be nice at all) will do no good.  I think she should be given a chance to listen to Ian's point of view, think about the fact that her actions have resulted in Ian being locked in a cage, and explain whether or not she approves of this outcome.  For all we know, this person feels terrible that things have gone this far.  Unlikely?  Perhaps, but it rarely pays to rush to judgement IMO.

dalebert

Quote from: Josh on November 16, 2008, 08:07 PM NHFT
Irony defined:

"I wouldn't advise aggressing against anybody" ..... "I want to stress this whole thing is really about community dialog and it's about having conversations with people and it's not about being aggressive towards anybody."

Wow! Just... WOW!

laur

Quote from: Josh on November 16, 2008, 08:07 PM NHFT
She has an F-Bomb on her myspace page. That's disorderly conduct in most jurisdictions, according to cops in said jurisdictions.

I'd like to file a complaint.

Irony defined:

oh, i already reported her to myspace terms of service.
i find her usage of "f***" unacceptable. :-P

laur

Quote from: margomaps on November 16, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFT

While I accept that this is in all probability what will occur, I think it's a bad idea.  Ignoring the question of whether she deserves to be shunned or whatever, having an angry mob bury her with "nice messages" (the majority of which probably won't be nice at all) will do no good.  I think she should be given a chance to listen to Ian's point of view, think about the fact that her actions have resulted in Ian being locked in a cage, and explain whether or not she approves of this outcome.  For all we know, this person feels terrible that things have gone this far.  Unlikely?  Perhaps, but it rarely pays to rush to judgement IMO.

its unlikely that she doesnt know.