• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

Quote from: Josh on November 16, 2008, 08:07 PM NHFT
She has an F-Bomb on her myspace page. That's disorderly conduct in most jurisdictions, according to cops in said jurisdictions.

And not just on her page, on the public headline. I can't see her page cause its private.

QuoteI'd like to file a complaint.

I won't stoop to their level. I will send her a friendly but frank facebook message.

EDIT: By friendly I mean not nasty.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: laur on November 16, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT
its unlikely that she doesnt know.

And more unlikely that she cares . . .

bile

This information about her was going to be found out anyway. I think i've presented it in a fairly neutral way. It's the first real collection of information and its likely most people will point to it instead of recreating it elsewhere in a more biased fashion. What people do with the information is not in our control but we can show that the prime source of the info was neutral.

mport1

Quote from: margomaps on November 16, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFT
Mikaela Engert is on Facebook.  If it was indeed her, and you have an account, search for her and send her a nice message telling her that you appreciate her actions.  Flood that inbox.

While I accept that this is in all probability what will occur, I think it's a bad idea.  Ignoring the question of whether she deserves to be shunned or whatever, having an angry mob bury her with "nice messages" (the majority of which probably won't be nice at all) will do no good.  I think she should be given a chance to listen to Ian's point of view, think about the fact that her actions have resulted in Ian being locked in a cage, and explain whether or not she approves of this outcome.  For all we know, this person feels terrible that things have gone this far.  Unlikely?  Perhaps, but it rarely pays to rush to judgement IMO.

Probably a good point, I'd like to hear what she has to say first.  But if she is not sorry for what she did, I say let it loose in a tactful manner.  I'd also like to see people find something she is doing that is illegal and report her to the police so she gets a taste of her own medicine.

margomaps

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 16, 2008, 08:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: laur on November 16, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT
its unlikely that she doesnt know.

And more unlikely that she cares . . .

You're probably both right.  Even if you are, I still don't see what the point of flooding her with messages is.  Do people want to annoy her?  Make her mad?  Make her scared?  To what end?

margomaps

Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 08:24 PM NHFTProbably a good point, I'd like to hear what she has to say first.  But if she is not sorry for what she did, I say let it loose in a tactful manner.  I'd also like to see people find something she is doing that is illegal and report her to the police so she gets a taste of her own medicine.

I do think that a tactful, sincere dialog -- you know, the kind Ian hoped the complainant would have had him with -- is a good idea.  While I appreciate the irony of using the system against her in the same way she used it against Ian, I'm really not convinced it's an activity worth pursuing.  The principle seems to be "an eye for an eye".  Again, what is the hoped-for outcome with this approach?

Evenstar

It seems to me that even the slightest nastiness or confrontation could backfire here.  The point I'd love to see made is, "We're reasonable people.  You could have gone to Ian and told him you had a problem with his couch and he would have handled it in a neighborly fashion.  Instead you chose to use force, which was an aggressive posture, something you've decried in the past."

Of course, since she's likely to get a flood of messages of all sorts, I won't be adding my voice to the chorus as it will likely seem more confrontational the more messages she gets, regardless of tone.

Coconut

Quote from: laur on November 16, 2008, 07:39 PM NHFT
the audio isnt so great,

Of course it isn't.

I would hope people would hold back from attacks against Mikaela. She is despicable for allowing this, but attacks will only be evidence to her of why she shouldn't have come forward. People like that won't think that maybe we'd be friendly if she started friendly. These people expect aggression and hide, and when it comes, they just use it to expect more aggression.

laur

Dave Ridley

Interesting msg from ronpaulforums.com

<< Judge's conduct can be complained about to state judiciary conduct review boards. A quick search turned up the New Hampshire Judicial Conduct Committee and relevant contact info. Complaints should be filed against this judge for review of the conduct. Judges DO get reprimanded and removed over conduct issues on the bench. Maybe this judge has other complaints on record? Who knows. Never hurts to try.

Quote:
Robert T. Mittelholzer , Esquire, Executive Secretary
Committee on Judicial Conduct
74 Exeter Road
Newmarket, NH 03857
Phone: (603) 292-1825
Fax: (603) 292-1827
NH Code of Judicial Conduct: http://www.courts.state.nh.us/rules/scr/scr-38.htm

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/committees/judconductcomm/index.htm  >>

Soundwave

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 16, 2008, 08:08 AM NHFT
I called the jail and Ian has not been classified yet, but will tomorrow.  The screw told me that tomorrow afternoon, we'll know when Ian's visiting hours are.  Some visits are on Monday nights, so possible people will be able to see him soon.  You can bring cameras.  Speaking from experience, Julia might not want to share her hour with him - he'd get one hour of visiting, no matter how many people show up.  I'd guess they'd let 20 people in if that many came.

You are right. I do not want to share my hour.  :'(

laur

Quote from: Coconut
I would hope people would hold back from attacks against Mikaela. She is despicable for allowing this, but attacks will only be evidence to her of why she shouldn't have come forward. People like that won't think that maybe we'd be friendly if she started friendly. These people expect aggression and hide, and when it comes, they just use it to expect more aggression.

agreed.

dalebert

Anyone else find this fascinating? I'm going to state the obvious here.

The couch is on Ian's tenants' lawn for who knows how long. A week before Carl issues the citation, this lady is on Talkback and Ian calls in to discourage violent action to implement her plans.

Previous interactions with Ian Bernard:

QuoteOn August 9th, 2008, a week before Ian Bernard received his first visit from Mr. Carl Patten Jr., Mikaela L. Engert was on the local radio show Talkback to discuss the Keene, NH Visioning Process. During the show Ian called to ask questions on the Visioning Process. After describing the Visioning Process to Ian he says "accomplishing those things would be great as long as we don't aggress our neighbors. Now you wouldn't advise aggressing against our neighbors to accomplish those things? Would you?" Mikaela replies: "I wouldn't advise aggressing against anybody." Later she says that: "I want to stress this whole thing is really about community dialog and it's about having conversations with people and it's not about being aggressive towards anybody."

I'm seeing a pattern of targeting those who simply express anti-statist views and escalating the violence against them until they shut up.

bile

Not sure Dale. She's appears to be a big time liberal. Stereotypically even. It's hard to say if she did it out of petty dislike for those damn free staters or what. Sam was very confrontational with her in early August and that could have been transfered to Ian in a way. I don't know if it was as complicated as being anti-anti-statist or just that he and others from that group were pissing her off.

Coconut

Quote from: Soundwave on November 16, 2008, 08:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 16, 2008, 08:08 AM NHFT
I called the jail and Ian has not been classified yet, but will tomorrow.  The screw told me that tomorrow afternoon, we'll know when Ian's visiting hours are.  Some visits are on Monday nights, so possible people will be able to see him soon.  You can bring cameras.  Speaking from experience, Julia might not want to share her hour with him - he'd get one hour of visiting, no matter how many people show up.  I'd guess they'd let 20 people in if that many came.

You are right. I do not want to share my hour.  :'(

Well let's be sure what the situation is first. And thank you Kat for checking on that. Tell Ian that his actions have encouraged a bunch of people.