• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 08:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: margomaps on November 16, 2008, 08:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFT
Mikaela Engert is on Facebook.  If it was indeed her, and you have an account, search for her and send her a nice message telling her that you appreciate her actions.  Flood that inbox.

While I accept that this is in all probability what will occur, I think it's a bad idea.  Ignoring the question of whether she deserves to be shunned or whatever, having an angry mob bury her with "nice messages" (the majority of which probably won't be nice at all) will do no good.  I think she should be given a chance to listen to Ian's point of view, think about the fact that her actions have resulted in Ian being locked in a cage, and explain whether or not she approves of this outcome.  For all we know, this person feels terrible that things have gone this far.  Unlikely?  Perhaps, but it rarely pays to rush to judgement IMO.

Probably a good point, I'd like to hear what she has to say first.  But if she is not sorry for what she did, I say let it loose in a tactful manner.  I'd also like to see people find something she is doing that is illegal and report her to the police so she gets a taste of her own medicine.

An eye for a eye will make the world blind.

AntonLee

I don't think that trying to find illegal couches in her yard (or other non-violent "crimes") would be detrimental to what most people here are trying to do.

IF it is her, then she is a scumbag, make sure she knows that her plan helped put an innocent man in jail.

IF it is her, she will have to sleep at night with the shame that we all know she should feel, and will feel. . . no matter how 'right' she thinks she is.

slim

The more I watch the video at freekeene.com you can tell there was no way Ian was getting out of that place without some time in a cell.

There is no reason why they had to move Ian to a separate room. That was a attempt at psychological manipulation, the judge wanted Ian to feel alone and helpless. All the thugs taking up positions in the room was the government asserting the power and saying "we will do what we want and you have no choice". All the actions in that court room appeared to be choreographed. I would not be surprised if later on someone in that room would turn up with documentation about what will happen and where they should be at certain times.

I also would not be surprised if someone in the Federal Government that had experience with torture situations consulted with the court on how to try and break a person mentally.

Kat Kanning

The court should have a transcript for what happened in that room.  Can someone in Keene get it?

Coconut

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 16, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFT
The court should have a transcript for what happened in that room.  Can someone in Keene get it?

I propose we set a time, maybe Tuesday, that a few of us go to the courtroom and ask for it, and any recordings they have. Anyone from Keene interested in that?

Kat Kanning

I need to go to Keene one day next week, but not sure which one it'll be, yet.

mport1

Quote from: margomaps on November 16, 2008, 08:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 08:24 PM NHFTProbably a good point, I'd like to hear what she has to say first.  But if she is not sorry for what she did, I say let it loose in a tactful manner.  I'd also like to see people find something she is doing that is illegal and report her to the police so she gets a taste of her own medicine.

I do think that a tactful, sincere dialog -- you know, the kind Ian hoped the complainant would have had him with -- is a good idea.  While I appreciate the irony of using the system against her in the same way she used it against Ian, I'm really not convinced it's an activity worth pursuing.  The principle seems to be "an eye for an eye".  Again, what is the hoped-for outcome with this approach?

After thinking it over, my approach that I suggested is definitely not the right way to go about things.  No point stooping down to her level.  I agree with Evenstar's post:

It seems to me that even the slightest nastiness or confrontation could backfire here.  The point I'd love to see made is, "We're reasonable people.  You could have gone to Ian and told him you had a problem with his couch and he would have handled it in a neighborly fashion.  Instead you chose to use force, which was an aggressive posture, something you've decried in the past."

Giggan

I also don't support reporting the couch rat to authorities for anything, short of her committing a real crime, (you know, with a victim). What may be wise is to point out to her every time someone could report her, like, "Do you realize that 'x' is illegal, and I could send the cops after you for it, but I would not do that because it is immoral."

EDIT: Also, I posted the vids on another forum I frequent and at least one person has espressed interests in seeing the transcripts from the secret trial. They also were surprised no media outlets have picked up on this, if not just for the sake of covering a story of someone in jail over a couch.

dalebert

Quote from: mport1 on November 16, 2008, 09:56 PM NHFT
It seems to me that even the slightest nastiness or confrontation could backfire here.

Let's speak the truth openly and unashamedly, but let's not just harass and be nasty. That's their way. Not ours.

Kat Kanning

Ryan, about your Porc411 call:  at the Strafford County jail, people have both open carried and held signs on "county property", so I don't think there's actually a law against anything you were doing.  That doesn't mean they won't arrest you, though.

BTW, just doing what you did will create a stir in the jail and should have helped Ian.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: margomaps on November 16, 2008, 08:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 16, 2008, 08:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: laur on November 16, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT
its unlikely that she doesnt know.

And more unlikely that she cares . . .

You're probably both right.  Even if you are, I still don't see what the point of flooding her with messages is.  Do people want to annoy her?  Make her mad?  Make her scared?  To what end?

So that others might see, and learn from her mistakes . . .

Sam A. Robrin

I do think that a tactful, sincere dialog -- you know, the kind Ian hoped the complainant would have had him with -- is a good idea.

Now there's a Freudian transposition!

While I appreciate the irony of using the system against her in the same way she used it against Ian, I'm really not convinced it's an activity worth pursuing.  The principle seems to be "an eye for an eye".  Again, what is the hoped-for outcome with this approach?

People who get away with such antics are only emboldened to go on to repeat--and escalate--them. 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: bile on November 16, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
Are people comfortable with this proof? If so I'm going to remove all language indicating it's unknown who the complainant was.
I wouldn't go with it.
We know other stuff.

Russell Kanning

It is funny how the info that comes out makes each bureaucrat look worse and worse.
Can you imagine what would have happened if 10 of us would have not stood up for the judge?

Areté

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 17, 2008, 03:03 AM NHFT
Can you imagine what would have happened if 10 of us would have not stood up for the judge?

I so would have been one of the ten. ;D