• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

cell phone coverage is spotty in Westmoreland.  He could have been released from the courthouse, though.  Someone want to call the court and get more details?

Coconut

I wonder if they dragged him to court and gave him one last chance to kiss their boots to get off and he complied. Speculation

Josh

Maybe I should have waited to order my Free Ian shirt from bile. Oh well, it will serve as a potent reminder of the gun in the room.

Coconut

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 17, 2008, 02:03 PM NHFT
Someone want to call the court and get more details?

I just called. they put me through to Larry's voice mail  ::)

dEadERest

the digg post and resultant publicity is mightier than the robe/jailer's key

huzzah

bile

Quote from: Josh on November 17, 2008, 02:03 PM NHFT
Maybe I should have waited to order my Free Ian shirt from bile. Oh well, it will serve as a potent reminder of the gun in the room.

I have a feeling it won't be the first time someone named Ian will be jailed who you'd like to see freed :-/

Could become a collectors item... or something...

Josh

Could very well be useful in the future. I doubt this little stunt of theirs is going to shut him up.

AntonLee

funny how this happens after the release of the name of the see you next tuesday who snitched on him.

calm the waters any way you can.

Coconut

I wish we had actual confirmation. Like talking to him.

Josh

Confirmation would be excellent. Hopefully it comes soon.

Kat Kanning

Should be a REALLY interesting FTL show tonight!  I can't wait to hear Ian's story.

Coconut

I just talked to Larry. Ian's charges of contempt stand, but his time is being suspended. Which means he "has to be good" for a year or so. But he's either free, or scheduled to be free soon.

Kat Kanning

So magnanimous.   ::)

This was really starting to gain serious momentum.  They killed it just in time.

Josh

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 17, 2008, 02:16 PM NHFT
So magnanimous.   ::)

This was really starting to gain serious momentum.  They killed it just in time.

This is good. It seems they were put in a no-win situation, and had to save face.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 17, 2008, 02:16 PM NHFT

I agree. It's awesome personally that Ian's out (if this is true, and it seems like it is).

But his ridiculous imprisonment would have hurt the government even more. If they did release him today, they were smart to do so - it makes them look a little less violent than had they not.