• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

Quote from: Puke on November 18, 2008, 04:56 PM NHFT
The couch is now gone.

There where worms in the cushions.  :D

Wait.... you destroyed the home of some natural wildlife!? Mikaela is going to be pissed.

AntonLee

Pat K

The couch is now gone.

Hmmmmmmmmmm worms like moisture, Did that couch have
water in it? Did you barbarians destroy a wet lands!!

Josh

Worms are a vital food source for many many species. You likely destroyed the greater Keene area ecosystem.

Lloyd Danforth

I was hoping the couch would be preserved due to it's icon status, but, you can always grab any couch and claim it is the original :P

Coconut

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 18, 2008, 05:43 PM NHFT
I was hoping the couch would be preserved due to it's icon status, but, you can always grab any couch and claim it is the original :P

Scroll up. Someone's bought it and it's being transported to a secure location.

Lloyd Danforth

Thanks.  I admit I have not read all 30 plus pages of this topic ;D

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: KBCraig on November 18, 2008, 04:27 PM NHFT
Not high-res, but:

Thanks for the link.  Those are great.

:files away under 'liberty couch':

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 18, 2008, 12:28 PM NHFT
Hey what about the idea of legislative action at the state house , in the form of a resolution condemning the judge's conduct?

:biglaugh:

Areté

...There were worms in the cushions.  :D

Haha that's just nasty right there!  :puke:

Coconut

There was a caller on FTL a week or so ago about how their city is now requiring all houses to have numbers on them.

Here's a Keene ordinance: 18-241 (14)   Buildings shall have address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals, or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches high, with a minimum stroke width of one-half inch.

Pat K

mackler

Quote from: Coconut on November 18, 2008, 04:58 PM NHFT
The couch is now gone.

Wait.... you destroyed the home of some natural wildlife!? Mikaela is going to be pissed.

No kidding.  I think by letting that couch be removed, Ian just increased the size of his his carbon footprint.

Plus I hear it was pretty soggy.  He probably violated federal wetlands regulations by moving it.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Coconut on November 19, 2008, 07:51 PM NHFT
There was a caller on FTL a week or so ago about how their city is now requiring all houses to have numbers on them.

Here's a Keene ordinance: 18-241 (14)   Buildings shall have address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals, or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches high, with a minimum stroke width of one-half inch.
Stupid law!  Should be up  the owner, but, a legible number.  I drove a cab and delivered pizza in a medium sized city.  In some neighborhoods  you could go 5 or 6 buildings without seeing a number!  Not important if you wanted a cab or pizza, but, it could be useful if you wanted an ambulance.

Coconut

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 19, 2008, 08:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on November 19, 2008, 07:51 PM NHFT

Stupid law!  Should be up  the owner, but, a legible number.  I drove a cab and delivered pizza in a medium sized city.  In some neighborhoods  you could go 5 or 6 buildings without seeing a number!  Not important if you wanted a cab or pizza, but, it could be useful if you wanted an ambulance.

Not sure which side you're on. I think numbers are extremely helpful. Just wondering how many houses in Keene could be cited in violation of this ordinance. Also, this is something that private law could easily take care of: "don't have clear numbers on your house? You can't have our fire insurance."