• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian Freeman of FTL arrested (11/14/08)

Started by slim, November 14, 2008, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

Quote from: Coconut on November 19, 2008, 08:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 19, 2008, 08:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on November 19, 2008, 07:51 PM NHFT
There was a caller on FTL a week or so ago about how their city is now requiring all houses to have numbers on them.

Here's a Keene ordinance: 18-241 (14)   Buildings shall have address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals, or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches high, with a minimum stroke width of one-half inch.
Stupid law!  Should be up  the owner, but, a legible number.  I drove a cab and delivered pizza in a medium sized city.  In some neighborhoods  you could go 5 or 6 buildings without seeing a number!  Not important if you wanted a cab or pizza, but, it could be useful if you wanted an ambulance.

Not sure which side you're on. I think numbers are extremely helpful. Just wondering how many houses in Keene could be cited in violation of this ordinance. Also, this is something that private law could easily take care of: "don't have clear numbers on your house? You can't have our fire insurance."

I'm going to just say bada bing when someone nails it.

Bada Bing

Lloyd Danforth

There was a caller on FTL a week or so ago about how their city is now requiring all houses to have numbers on them.

Here's a Keene ordinance: 18-241 (14)   Buildings shall have address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals, or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches high, with a minimum stroke width of one-half inch.
Stupid law!  Should be up  the owner, but, a legible number.  I drove a cab and delivered pizza in a medium sized city.  In some neighborhoods  you could go 5 or 6 buildings without seeing a number!  Not important if you wanted a cab or pizza, but, it could be useful if you wanted an ambulance.

Not sure which side you're on. I think numbers are extremely helpful. Just wondering how many houses in Keene could be cited in violation of this ordinance. Also, this is something that private law could easily take care of: "don't have clear numbers on your house? You can't have our fire insurance."

Against the law and for common sense. I hadn't thought about the Fire Department.

David

Welcome home Ian, just now finding out about this, forum fatigue.   :blush: 

FTL_Ian

Quote from: David on November 20, 2008, 09:30 PM NHFT
Welcome home Ian, just now finding out about this, forum fatigue.   :blush: 

Your co-worker Trevor was my cell mate, in for 30 days on a pot possession charge.  Nice kid.

Here's a Keene ordinance: 18-241 (14)   Buildings shall have address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals, or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches high, with a minimum stroke width of one-half inch.

Great idea, but I have never heard of an insurance company driving out to look at your house before they write the policy - they have adjusters, but they only look at your house after you file a claim.

Coconut

Quote from: www on November 20, 2008, 09:38 PM NHFT

Great idea, but I have never heard of an insurance company driving out to look at your house before they write the policy - they have adjusters, but they only look at your house after you file a claim.

I see you're fairly new. Welcome. Often we talk in terms of "liberty land" where there is no government and try to guess how the market would adjust. A lot of things in the insurance arena would change if there was no government.

QuoteA lot of things in the insurance arena would change if there was no government.

That's cool. I spend a lot of time thinking about how a lot of things need to change, and pretty darn quick too.

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: www on November 20, 2008, 09:38 PM NHFT

Every insurance application has tons of questions; few to none are verified.  If you ever file a claim and they find that you've committed fraud against them they'll deny your claims.  So, best to answer honestly and have proof to backup your claims.

Coconut

I talked to Officer M. Griffin today. He said that Ms. Engert's life, and possibly her family's, is being affected by the response she's getting about this. The people who harass or threaten her are only stooping to the level of the City when they threatened Ian. He didn't like it, and no reason anyone should wish that on anyone else. Revenge doesn't win.

Pat K

Oh and did he show such concern when Ian was
kidnapped and thrown in a cell over a couch?

bile

Doesn't matter if he showed any concern. She shouldn't be in any way threatened.

However, harassment is so vague and subjective a term I'd say it's not worth using. An unsolicited email can be considered harassment.

I will have to say that while I gave up on the thread over at freekeene.com I saw nothing which was an actual threat. Some childish name calling and mean spirited wishes definitely but not an "expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment." My guess is she's never been on the receiving end of an internet flame / ostracism attempt and is blowing it up a bit. If she had actually been threatened she would have contacted authorities. I've heard nothing of the sort.

Coconut

Quote from: Pat K on November 30, 2008, 07:17 PM NHFT

No, actually, he stood in the back of the courtroom and literally laughed when Ian got his second contempt charge. But we don't fight immaturity with more immaturity.

Coconut

Quote from: bile on November 30, 2008, 07:43 PM NHFT
My guess is she's never been on the receiving end of an internet flame / ostracism attempt and is blowing it up a bit. If she had actually been threatened she would have contacted authorities. I've heard nothing of the sort.

I would agree with this. There's no evidence of what's been said to her, and she may just be overreacting to an amount of public scrutiny she's never seen before. However, I would guess she or her family has "contacted authorities" because I heard about her situation from an officer, like I said. That may not be the case though.

Pat K

Quote from: Coconut on November 30, 2008, 07:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on November 30, 2008, 07:17 PM NHFT

No, actually, he stood in the back of the courtroom and literally laughed when Ian got his second contempt charge. But we don't fight immaturity with more immaturity.

Well I applaud your maturity.

bile

Quote from: Coconut on November 30, 2008, 07:48 PM NHFT
However, I would guess she or her family has "contacted authorities" because I heard about her situation from an officer, like I said. That may not be the case though.

Maybe. I'm not terribly familiar with Keene but it seems like the bureaucrats all know each other and given the scale of the incident word would travel to the cops as to what was up. We'll see. Everyone links to my site regarding the incident so we'll see. I've yet to be contacted by anyone officially. Just one person from the Ohio LP who didn't think linking her non-government information was appropriate.