• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My letter to Mr. Burke

Started by Giggan, November 15, 2008, 08:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

Last night I wrote a letter to Mr. Burke, and would like to know the best way to get it to him. If you read it, you'll see it's rather 'nice'. I'm not expressing my outrage at his decision to the fullest because it's clear he's an emotional guy, who does not respond well when his buttons are pushed. I'm wondering the best way to get it to him. These two addresses:

EDWARD J BURKE
2 LILAC LN   
KEENE, NH  03431   

EDWARD J BURKE
56 CHAPMAN RD       
KEENE, NH  03431

...were posted on the main thread for Ian's incarceration. I guess they're not 100% reliable, since they haven't been confirmed. If I send my letter addressed to him at KDC, anyone know if chances are good he'll be given it?   

I open it by calling him 'Judge Burke' as opposed to 'Mr', since he seems to believe he truly is in possession of the made-up title. Not seeing 'judge', I feel, will give him a less favorable first impression of the letter as written, thus making it less impactful. I've linked it as an .rtf if anyone wants to read it.

I've more to say, but I figure taking it over two pages would likely get it tossed without reading. 

http://www.geocities.com/barryexposed/judge_burke_rtf.rtf

Kat Kanning

kola

ya gonna send it certified mail?

Giggan

Quote from: kola on November 15, 2008, 08:33 PM NHFT

Hadn't planned on it. Should I bother? He's probably not going to be the one to open it either way, unless someone has a home address, it'll go to KDC on Monday.

jaqeboy

You may have mis-addressed the letter - it might end up going to this guy.

Giggan

Yeah, I had the name wrong when I uploaded it, but have since fixed it in the version on my laptop. Thanks for the vigilance.

Tom Sawyer

Are you sending your letter certified Kola?

Dave Ridley

i understand there is some law against sending mail to judges at their home but i dont know any details

Pat K

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 15, 2008, 09:04 PM NHFT

Are you sending your letter certified Kola?

Oh I'M pretty sure any thing Kola does is certifiable.

Giggan

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 15, 2008, 09:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 15, 2008, 08:11 PM NHFT
That was nice.

Too nice . . .

Feel free to critique. I'm open to edits until I send it out Monday morn.

While there's more I'd add, one restriction is page count like I said, and another is, when you put too much truth in front of someone all at once, they're more likely to understand less of what you put out there then if you speak somewhat simply in their language. But again, I'm open to any suggestions.

Tom Sawyer

AntonLee

if the post office doesn't deliver it, deliver it yourself!. . . don't put it in the mailbox.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Giggan on November 15, 2008, 09:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 15, 2008, 09:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 15, 2008, 08:11 PM NHFT
That was nice.

Too nice . . .

Feel free to critique. I'm open to edits until I send it out Monday morn.

While there's more I'd add, one restriction is page count like I said, and another is, when you put too much truth in front of someone all at once, they're more likely to understand less of what you put out there then if you speak somewhat simply in their language. But again, I'm open to any suggestions.

I can't, of course, speak for you.  It's just been my experience that the gentle appraoch succeeds only against a small percentage of selected opponents.  Notice how Gandhi and Martin Luther King are the names that keep popping up in discussions promoting the satyagraha point of view--that's because they both happened to have picked the sort of enemy who could be persuaded.  Against the Nazis (to use the most obvious example), they'd have been powerless, as the response to their passive resistance might well have been "We'll just keep strangling these children one by one until you knuckle under."  What do you do then?
       The majority of bullies understand and respect nothing except superior physical force, and probably just laugh at sincere attempts at persuasion. 
       Attempts at peaceful negotiation should always be tried, but backed up with some sheer brute strength.
       Wish it were different, but I don't see that it is.

n/a

i would make clear that between the ridiculousness of the issue of the trial itself (a couch in a lawn), combined with the video, which any viewer with common sense would find to be a blatant overreaction and abuse of authority; that a failure to re-examine the sentencing in this case, and lower it in a very open and publicly viewable manner...

it does not matter the unknown circumstances regarding these proceedings, he will lose any and all credibility and respect from a large, national even, public audience.