• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

$1 Popcorn on Tuesdays at Movie Theatre

Started by Peacemaker, November 18, 2008, 10:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

Saw the new James Bond flick "Quantam of Solace", enjoyed the movie and noticed they have $1 Popcorn on Tuesdays at the Theatre if you get their little theatre card (this was the Theatre at Fox Run Mall - just east of Portsmouth), otherwise the medium bag (small looks very small (5.75) compared to the medium...."would like to get a medium for a dollar more?"...(i couldn't stop myself and said yes so $6.75 (OUCH) for a big o bag of popcorn and 7 bucks for the early show ticket...(but a man has to do what a man has to do when it comes to watching movies and eating popcorn!)

AntonLee

I like that theatre. . . the chairs are comfy.  Place is clean, and never had an issue with the screen crapping out.

plus there are fine restaurants around like Olive Garden and Bugaboo Creek

Peacemaker

It's true, it was an aweome theatre....I guess I shoud ad that the bond film did have the british "gov" agent saving the day, but with a slightly different twist..but if you can get past that, it was a entertaining enough!

AntonLee

I hear ya, I'm not much of a Bond fan, never really was.  There are few movies I will go and actually see in the theatre, Street Kings came to mind.

Most of the time, it's the WOMAN who gets to choose which chick flick I'm forced to pay $20 for.   :BangHead:

Lloyd Danforth

I read all of the Bond books when Fleming was still writing them.  I learned some of what I know about the world thru reading them. Except for casting Connery as the original Bond, the movies suck.  I stopped seeing them on purpose not too long after Goldfinger.

Peacemaker

I was a big Flemming fan too (i still have a few of the old books) and hear you about the "new Bond films."  I had an appointment in the area, had a couple hours to kill, didn't plan on seeing a movie at all, and decided to see a movie when I tripped over the theatre, with the biggest reason being, I wanted to watch "something" on bigger screen than the TV at home.

PowerPenguin

Quote from: AntonLee on November 18, 2008, 01:15 PM NHFT
I like that theatre. . . the chairs are comfy.  Place is clean, and never had an issue with the screen crapping out.

plus there are fine restaurants around like Olive Garden and Bugaboo Creek

I went to Bugaboo for the 1st time the day before xmas. It was really good. BTW also went to that theater on xmas and saw Doubt.