• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thanksgiving at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by Kat Kanning, November 18, 2008, 07:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: Mike Barskey on November 22, 2008, 02:06 PM NHFT

You live in Keene, right? I'll be glad to pick you up on my way through and drop you off on my way home. No need to pay me. I plan on being in Winchester from about 11:00a until 10:00p or 11:00p (or whenever Jim kicks me out :)). Will that work for you?
Perfect, tell me when you want me ready and I'll be waiting for you at the door.   :)  I'll send you a personal message for the directions. 

dalebert

Just a little informal poll. I was planning to make some whole wheat and barley rolls and then use my casserole dish to make some cornbread for variety of bread choices. But would anyone actually want cornbread? Alternatively, I could make some sort of casserole instead, like hashbrown potato casserole or a green bean casserole.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: dalebert on November 25, 2008, 09:43 AM NHFT
But would anyone actually want cornbread?

That's like asking if anybody wants air. Never question cornbread! Cornbread is king! :)

Friday

I would be pleased to attend this mighty fine shindig, and will bring a corn dish (or as our Native American friends say, a maize dish  :happy1:

This assumes, of course, that pie is already covered.  Cuz if it's not, that needs to be rectified and I'll bring pie instead.  But last year at the Manchester Thanksgiving Feast there was actually too much dessert (hard to conceive, I know!   :o ).

Becky Thatcher

I'm bringing two pumpkin pies (Tom's favorite) and I think someone else mentioned pie.

Lloyd Danforth

Good!  Save the Dog Stomp Pie till I can be there ;D

Daien

Quote from: dalebert on November 25, 2008, 09:43 AM NHFT
Just a little informal poll. I was planning to make some whole wheat and barley rolls and then use my casserole dish to make some cornbread for variety of bread choices. But would anyone actually want cornbread? Alternatively, I could make some sort of casserole instead, like hashbrown potato casserole or a green bean casserole.

Cornbread AND green bean casserole!

Puke

I agree with Mike. Cornbread is king.

Damn I love cornbread.  :)

I think I might also bring a non-traditional rice dish of some kind.
I love rice.

dalebert

Riddler

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on November 25, 2008, 04:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Libertine on November 25, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT

I only have one casserole dish.  :-\

The force is strong with you Padawan, you will find a way.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on November 25, 2008, 04:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Libertine on November 25, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT

I only have one casserole dish.  :-\

While I will not be attending this fine fandango,
I would be willing to sponser a casserole dish.

Russell Kanning

I could see how too much dessert shows up ... since some of us can't cook, but can buy pies at the store.

David

You will be missed PatK. 

I hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving in the Big Apple.   :)