• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning waste cooking oil

Started by Russell Kanning, August 21, 2005, 09:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I just wanted to start a thread or 2 on using waste oil as fuel for cars or homes.

Lloyd Danforth

I have a tread or two on my tires.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

How about using this thread for the pickup and sale of oil and others for the uses?

and you 2 should be punished >:D >:D

Kat Kanning

Why should we be punished.  You're the one spelling badly.

AlanM

Anyone looked into using waste cooking oil to heat a home?

Pat McCotter

I used it in my 85 Mercedes wagon last year - car totalled so have to start fresh. I got 8000 "veggie" miles on it before the wreck.

I now have an 84 Mercedes sedan that I will be converting soon. (I'm still getting it ready for NH inspection.)

Using waste oil as heating oil will require a special burner. Home heating oil burners will not burn the waste oil.

Cheers!
Pat

Russell Kanning

Quote from: patmccotter on August 21, 2005, 09:48 AM NHFTUsing waste oil as heating oil will require a special burner. Home heating oil burners will not burn the waste oil.

any links to where guys are doing this?

Pat McCotter

Econoheat also has waste oil air conditioners!!!!!!!

pcwallis

Is there anyone that would like to start a distributorship for waste cooking oil ? Let me know.  Does anyone have experience in the collection of and stock piling of waste oil. Are there more than a couple of applications for the use of wate oil.  Are there any sales people out there who can sale  this product.  What government regulations must we pass. 

Any one interested in following thru.  Either post here or e-mail me by way of my profile.  This will stay open for two days.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Russell Kanning

Quote from: pcwallis on August 21, 2005, 05:26 PM NHFT
Is there anyone that would like to start a distributorship for waste cooking oil ? Let me know.? Does anyone have experience in the collection of and stock piling of waste oil. Are there more than a couple of applications for the use of wate oil.? Are there any sales people out there who can sale? this product.? What government regulations must we pass.?

Any one interested in following thru.? Either post here or e-mail me by way of my profile.? This will stay open for two days.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

I don't know how many people would buy filtered oil, but I want to use it for myself and possible buy/sell to friends. I currently can't use it in my car, but am interested in that and for heating.
Since this is not yet popular you can find free oil and possibly charge to take it away. :) I don't have a vehicle for regular large pickups at this time.
I don't see any reason to look for or obey any government regulations.

Otosan

Am curious about the  $$$ of an Econoheat heater/ac unit.  Anyone have a clue?  Was not on web site, if was....did not see it.

pcwallis

We are looking for people who are interested in cont. this discussion to the next level.  Post here or e-mail me by way of my profile.  This will stay open until 6PM Tuesday.  Let's make this happen !!

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Pat McCotter

Quote from: pcwallis on August 21, 2005, 05:26 PM NHFT
Is there anyone that would like to start a distributorship for waste cooking oil ? Let me know.? Does anyone have experience in the collection of and stock piling of waste oil. Are there more than a couple of applications for the use of wate oil.? Are there any sales people out there who can sale? this product.? What government regulations must we pass.?

Any one interested in following thru.? Either post here or e-mail me by way of my profile.? This will stay open for two days.

I can do collection and filtering. If this goes commercial it would be even easier. My current condition (apartment rental, storage/filtering at work) would not work for business but a commercial venture with its own facilities would be great.

With the price of fuel and heating oil now this ccould take off.

Pat McCotter
Concord, NH