• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning waste cooking oil

Started by Russell Kanning, August 21, 2005, 09:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

pcwallis

Yes Lloyd Danforth, this can cont. as long as you want.  But what we are looking for right now are the ones who want to take the next step towards making it happen.  Tuesday at 6PM is the time when all or none will have posted or profiled to me.  So this topic can go on as long as anyone or everyone wants it to.

Phil Wallis

Michael Fisher

I thought straight vegetable oil increased emissions.  Upon further research, this assumption was way off.

When my car dies, I'm thinking of buying a used car with a diesel engine.   8)

But what about the cost of biodiesel blends?   ???

Michael Fisher

And there are no sources of biodiesel around here!

Will I have to filter used veggie oil from Chinese/Japanese restaurants, treat it with a chemical, and blend it?? Or just pour a certain amount into each tank of petroleum diesel, like 5%, 50%, etc?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AlanM on August 22, 2005, 08:59 AM NHFT
First off Lloyd, it is unethical of you to post a personal message on a public forum.
Secondly, PCWallis is setting a deadline for HIS involvement with people who want to join with him. Nothing more. Those who wish to continue discussion may do so.

Alan, YOU may think it is unethical to post a PM, but, that is only your opinion.  I hardly let any PERSONAL information about PCWallis out!
In what part of reply#13 is ONLY Pcwallis's involvement mentioned?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 22, 2005, 10:42 AM NHFT

Will I have to filter used veggie oil from Chinese/Japanese restaurants, treat it with a chemical, and blend it?? Or just poor a certain amount into each tank of petroleum diesel, like 5%, 50%, etc?

Mike, can't remember where, but, I thought I heard of a source for biodiesel near the seacoast.
For burning Fryer oil, you need to install, or, have installed, or, build a kit, consisting of a heated (by engine water) fuel tank, a heated filter, heated tubing and an assortment of valves.
Then you collect oil from a restaurant, let it sit to settle, filter it, and pour it in the heated tank.  As the fryer oil is pasty at room temperature, it has to be heated to be used in the engine.
One starts on diesel fuel. Once the engine water heats the fryer oil in the heated tank to the right temperature, one switches over to fryer oil. Before one stops for any length of time they switch back to diesel.  If you should forget to do this in cold weather, you might have to bring the car into the living room to get it running again ;D
This is a simplified explanation.  Pat Mccotter knows a lot more about this than I do.
Lloyd

Lloyd Danforth

I have deleted my post of a PM and apologise to anyone offended by it.
Lloyd

Russell Kanning

Will I have to filter used veggie oil from Chinese/Japanese restaurants, treat it with a chemical, and blend it?? Or just poor a certain amount into each tank of petroleum diesel, like 5%, 50%, etc?
I am not into biodiesel. It takes nasty chemicals to brew it up.
You can burn veggie oil in a car if you warm it up a little. 8)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: pcwallis on August 22, 2005, 07:26 AM NHFT
Yes Lloyd Danforth, this can cont. as long as you want.? But what we are looking for right now are the ones who want to take the next step towards making it happen.? Tuesday at 6PM is the time when all or none will have posted or profiled to me.? So this topic can go on as long as anyone or everyone wants it to.

Phil Wallis

I am not sure what form this will take or how many people want to be involved. But I do want to make this happen. I won't be available for a couple of days.... but you can ask me questions when I get back. :)

Pat McCotter

Sources of biodiesel in NH. I'm told that Rymes has B100 in Loudon. Contact him for other locations.

Fleming Oil Company, Inc
99B Route 9
West Chesterfield, NH 03466?
Rick Fleming - rick[at]flemoil.com
603-256-8157
B20
RETAIL PUMP OPEN 7 DAYS - 6AM TO 12 AM

Monadnock Fuels
561 Main St
Keene, NH 03431?
John Rhymes? - tylerb[at]rymesheating.com
800-773-0309
B20?

Redstone Variety
682 Eastman Road
Conway, NH 03813?
John Roberts
603-356-9888
B20?

Rymes Heating Oils Inc
10 Depot St
Peterborough, NH 03458?
John Rhymes  - tylerb[at]rymesheating.com
800-773-0309
B20?

Rymes Heating Oils Inc
905 Route 106 N.
Loudon, NH 03307?
603 783-0309
B20? (Told this is actually B100)

Rymes Heating Oils Inc
775 W Forest Rd
Greenfield, NH 03047?
800-773-0309
B20?

Rymes Heating Oils Inc
2 Main St
Antrim, NH 03440?
800-773-0309
B20?

Wildcat Service Station
Route 16
Jackson, NH 03846?
Don Chase?
603-383-6691
B20?

Lloyd Danforth

pcwallis

We have the next group of? Liberty people who want to start a business in NH.

Please confirm your interest in the Burning Waste Cooking Oil by posting b/4 6PM 8/24/05 on this topic.
If I have missed anyone, just post on this topic page.? When I get the names I will e-mail all of you for the next step.? [Russell Kanning e-mail me when you get back and we will get you up to speed.]

The names of interested people are:

? ? ? ? ? Russell Kanning
? ? ? ? ? Alan M.
? ? ? ? ? patmccotter
? ? ? ? ? Otosan
? ? ? ? ? LloydDanforth
? ? ? ? ? LeRuineur6

Thanks Let's Make It Work

Pat McCotter

Hi Phil,
Yes, I'm interested in this.

Pat McCotter
Concord, NH

Friday

I have a copy (video, not DVD) of a hilarious documentary called "Fat of the Land", about five girls who drove an unaltered van all the way across the U.S. on fast food restaurant oil, and made a movie about it. If anyone would like to host a viewing, I'd be happy to bring the video.  :)

I also know the guy who's in charge of the City of Berkeley, California's biodiesel program (they power their recycling trucks on biodiesel), if anyone would like to be put in touch with him.

pcwallis

Friday do you want to be included in the group as listed above?  If so read my post just above. Let me know.

Phil Wallis

president

Quote from: russellkanning on August 22, 2005, 12:19 PM NHFT

Will I have to filter used veggie oil from Chinese/Japanese restaurants, treat it with a chemical, and blend it?  Or just poor a certain amount into each tank of petroleum diesel, like 5%, 50%, etc?
I am not into biodiesel. It takes nasty chemicals to brew it up.
methanol and lye
You can burn veggie oil in a car if you warm it up a little. 8)
But you can burn biodiesel in a unmodified diesel engine, or oil furnace. There are a lot more potential customers.