• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

liberty rating for judges

Started by cynthia, November 19, 2008, 09:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthia

At our weekly meeting at La Festa in Dover Chris introduced a suggestion to a parallel of the gold standard that the NHLA utilizes for politicians.  Basically rating all the judges in NH based on certain criteria, giving them a grade, then giving "awards" to the 3 worst offenders.

Think of all the categories and the possibilities.....

this would truly be embarrassing...

The final kick in the balls would be to choose the worst and actually bring an 'impeachment" against him for all of his infractions against the constitution.

This proactive "justice" may encourage some judges to think before they judge, in light of their future perception. This seems like a good market response to a situation that seems unmanageable.

Let's do this...

Coconut

The NHLA studies hundreds of votes from what I can see. You'll have to either get public records for each judge (which I don't know how detailed they are), or have people attend days of hearings and trials held by them. Awesome if we have the peoplepower to do it

kalmia

I love the idea of making info about judges more public, but it seems like a very difficult job.  Maybe some type of system could be set up where people could post their experiences and other info they can locate.  Maybe a wiki format would be good. 

I would like to eventually keep files of all bureaucrats and post them publicly.  I wonder if this would be best in a wiki format.

example:

name   [picture]
address
phone number
other contact details
position in the gang
salary derived from gang activities
dirty deeds

etc.

J’raxis 270145

I like it.

By the way, the rating of legislators that the NHLA does is the Report Card, not the Gold Standard. The Gold Standard is a weekly (or near-weekly) publication handed out to legislators to inform them how to vote the pro-liberty way.

Peacemaker

This is an awesome idea!  From what I"ve been able to figure out, (via SAM I AM), it's possible to put these people in front of the grand jury...

They need to be held accountable ......i think a possible ad campaign to the people who went to court (survey) could maybe be a way to get more detailed info, regarding specifics....it wouldn't be on every case, but a sampling number could be achieved....

And I love the impeachment part.....maybe it would graduate to be a national plan to get all the criminals out of the house and senate too!

WithoutAPaddle

Like a lot of people, I've occasionally wanted to evaluate a judge's performance but found it nearly impossible to do so.

I've read that if a person goes into a courthouse and requests files for dockets to which he is not a party, they will only let him examine ten a day.  I don't know if that policy is codified in any way or if it is just an informal policy.

A couple of decades ago, when there was a New Hampshire Supreme Court nomination getting some attention, some people who had serious time on their hands were trying to evaluate the performance of the Superior Court judge nominated to fill that vacancy, to see just how many of his decisions had been overturned and to scrutinize them, but New Hampshire doesn't index them in any useful way.

In 2004, when I desired a tape recording of a Probate Estate hearing I was in, I simply gave the court clerk a check for $25 and received the tape in the mail four days later, but by 2006, when I wanted a tape of another hearing I had been in, the procedure had been changed and tapes of open Probate Court hearings can only be made by Order of the Judge of Probate, even if you are a party and need that tape to further exercise your rights in that docket, and that judge simply ignored my properly filed motion.  I'd have to pay the Supreme Court filng fee ($175, I think) to even ask the Supreme Court to look into the matter, but New Hampshire turns down about ninety percent of the discretionary appeals presented to it. I don't know if the Superior Court has enacted a similar policy.  That judge took early retirement, so now he can lead a charmed life of "buying low and selling high" from fiduciaries.

Does anyone know if District Court hearings are even recorded?

A couple of years ago, one New Hampshire lawyer told me that the Freedom of Information act does not apply to the Judicial branch, and so if there is anything they don't want to make available to you, there is really nothing you can do about it.

The original poster certainly has different interests than I do.  My own personal concern is that Probate judges become wealthy by making unfair rulings to unfairly enrich others who are in a position to enrich them through other means, and that is something that is impossible to definitively prove, because it all depends on them having faith in their loyalty to one another.  At this forum, the matters people are most interested in surely involve liberty rather than property.   What kinds of discretionary judicial conduct or inclinations would the original poster believe to be objectively notable and offensive?

WithoutAPaddle

There is a website called nhcaselaw.com that is supposed to be making Superior Court decisions available, but it is run by the New Hampshire Bar Association and depends on voluntary submissions of decisions made by those who have access to them.  I'm not a player in the New Hampshire Court scene, so I don't know the ulterior motives of those lawyers responsible for the creation of that website, but if it can't unfairly favor their interests, I can't imagine any attorneys being sufficiently motivated to have created it.

Googling "nhcaselaw.com" produced this entry: "A video tutorial highlighting the basic features of NHCaseLaw.com, such as the ability to conduct legal research and upload copies of judicial opinions."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_9VUW7CJI&feature=related

Unfortunately I'm on a low speed twisted pair and have no speakers on this computer, so I'm not able to access it.

Dave Ridley

this would provide us a way to determine who to stand for.   i like the idea of standing for some judges and had been standing for burke before the guy blew his gasket at ian