• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coffee shop/bookstore

Started by AlanM, August 21, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Anyone interested in talking about a coffee shop/bookstore? Perhaps several around the state?

Russell Kanning

I know JP wants 1 ..... I think there are others 8)

pcwallis

I think we would need to locate the coffee shop either as a free stand alone close to high traffic, or within a small strip center, located in a high traffic area.  The Towns I think we should start with would be Plymouth, Concord, Manchester, Portmouth,  as  points to begin at.     [A long shot might be to locate in the village of Jackson, where tourism is pretty good.]

Once we can get the idea up and moving we can put the deal together and make it happen.

Talk it up !!

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

AlanM

Quote from: pcwallis on August 21, 2005, 11:55 AM NHFT
I think we would need to locate the coffee shop either as a free stand alone close to high traffic, or within a small strip center, located in a high traffic area.? The Towns I think we should start with would be Plymouth, Concord, Manchester, Portmouth,? as? points to begin at.? ? ?[A long shot might be to locate in the village of Jackson, where tourism is pretty good.]

Once we can get the idea up and moving we can put the deal together and make it happen.

Talk it up !!

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Keene might be a good spot, also.

AlanM

Combining the coffee shops/bookstores with a publishing arm might be very useful.

A lot of used bookstores combine retail sales with eBay sales.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on August 21, 2005, 11:58 AM NHFTKeene might be a good spot, also.

we have a few coffee shops here already plus starbucks and 2 or 3 DDonuts ..... but maybe there is room for another

it might make sense to have 1 main freestater hangout .... but it would probably be in Manchester

I won't be a good reference source ..... since I don't drink coffee and never buy books at stores :-[

AlanM

Quotewe have a few coffee shops here already plus starbucks and 2 or 3 DDonuts ..... but maybe there is room for another

This idea is not in direct competition with Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or Borders books. Thinking of an eclectic blend of new and used books, with the emphasis on used. Lots of home-schooling type books, freedom books, how-to books, books not found in most big box stores. Coffee shop more as a gathering place, not a grab a coffee and go place.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on August 21, 2005, 12:16 PM NHFT
Quotewe have a few coffee shops here already plus starbucks and 2 or 3 DDonuts ..... but maybe there is room for another

This idea is not in direct competition with Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or Borders books. Thinking of an eclectic blend of new and used books, with the emphasis on used. Lots of home-schooling type books, freedom books, how-to books, books not found in most big box stores. Coffee shop more as a gathering place, not a grab a coffee and go place.

aha :D

Kat Kanning

The used bookstores in Keene don't do coffee.  It'd be a good niche.

Lloyd Danforth

Build it and I will hang out there!

Russell Kanning

well than maybe Keene is the place :)

Russell Kanning

by the way Alan ..... I still have 3 books of yours I need to give back to you :-[

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on August 21, 2005, 01:05 PM NHFT
by the way Alan ..... I still have 3 books of yours I need to give back to you :-[

Thanks for reminding me, I'd forgotten about them. We can make the swap whenever we meet again.

AlanM

Quote from: Scott Roth on August 21, 2005, 01:33 PM NHFT
I'm still working on typing up those two books I got from you...(a long time ago ::).? Sorry for the delay...I've had some life issues to deal with.

Understood.  ;)

davemincin

I might be interested in a used bookstore, coffee shop in the Concord/Manchester, Seacoast
Area, and of course I know a few people. 8)

Alan, perhaps we can touch base on this, you are over my way.  I'd be interested in hearing real
ideas, and plans.