• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coffee shop/bookstore

Started by AlanM, August 21, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Quote from: davemincin on August 21, 2005, 01:42 PM NHFT
I might be interested in a used bookstore, coffee shop in the Concord/Manchester, Seacoast
Area, and of course I know a few people. 8)

Alan, perhaps we can touch base on this, you are over my way.? I'd be interested in hearing real
ideas, and plans.

Sounds good Dave!

AlanM

Scott. you interested in planning this? If you are, can you pull together some rough figures for the coffee side of it? i.e. supplies, equipment?  I can work on the book side of it.

davemincin

Cool...would be most interested in hearing some numbers.  Expect I could look for a place if the numbers work, also
know someone who has tons of books who might be interested.

Otosan

At one time I had nearly 3 thousand paper backs ( mostly SI-FI and True Crime) mostly printed in the 60ths and 70ths.  And several hundred tech books.  I would hate to give them up, but in the interest of helping start up a business (plus cleaning out the garage) I might be interested in letting you have them for a small % of the sale of the books.

AlanM

Otosan, where are you located now?

Having consignment books is a good way to go.

AlanM

Don't see that the beach is a good spot. What about Sept.-May?
Definitely need a website and internet sales capability.
Also private branding of coffee.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on August 21, 2005, 04:22 PM NHFT
Having consignment books is a good way to go.

I really like that idea .... instead of a lending library .... you could have a used book store .... and unlike a library you could talk drink smoke etc

Otosan

I am in 10EC, but vast majority of books are in AL.  But make trip often to visit parents, so if it gets off the ground, I will pick up books and fed-ex them ya.

AlanM

Also. DVDs and videos. T-shirts and sweatshirts. Cool Freedom designs.

pcwallis

At the end of the day now, how many of you want to cont. discussing this idea. and getting together, to form a group to take the next step in making this happen ?  Do not worry about money !! If the idea stays together and conts.to make sense the money will come.  I know alot of deals come together this way.

So let me know by way of posting  here  on this business idea or sending an e-mail to me by way of my profile. We will leave open for two days those who want to keep going with this deal.

Talk to me let's make it happen.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

SethCohn

Lots of right sized vacant stores in Concord right now....

I'm interested in this...

AlanM

With a web site, you could have a wanted list. The potential buyers could post their wants.

AlanM

Quote from: Otosan on August 21, 2005, 04:59 PM NHFT
I am in 10EC, but vast majority of books are in AL.? But make trip often to visit parents, so if it gets off the ground, I will pick up books and fed-ex them ya.

Good. If we get this going we'll get back in touch.

AlanM

Scott are you refering to the Loaf and Ladle in Exeter?