• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coffee shop/bookstore

Started by AlanM, August 21, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

What is good for you? Saturdays or Sundays are best for me.

AlanM

Quote from: freedominnh on August 21, 2005, 06:27 PM NHFT
The beach philosophy is earn in three what most places earn in twelve.? ?

Don't see that happening with used books.

pcwallis

Right now we are looking for people who want to cont. the discussion of the topic, where we will take it to the next level.  This is open until Tuesday night  at 6PM.  At that time we will talk to those who still want to move forward with the coffee shop. You can post your interest here or e-mail me thru my profile.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Russell Kanning

Quote from: pcwallis on August 21, 2005, 07:52 PM NHFTThis is open until Tuesday night? at 6PM.? At that time we will talk to those who still want to move forward with the coffee shop. You can post your interest here or e-mail me thru my profile.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Is there any reason to have a cutoff of discussion? We will end up talking about it later and there might be people you want to add to the mix 4 months from now. :)

pcwallis

We can talk about this months from now that is ok, but if we want to get this idea to a polint where it comes together, we have to have cut off dates.  If not people will just talk and nothing will get done.  If anyone wants to get ahold of me or the person who started the topic that is fine and can be done at any time.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Pat McCotter

Quote from: SethCohn on August 21, 2005, 05:34 PM NHFT
Lots of right sized vacant stores in Concord right now....

I'm interested in this...

Not a coffee shop/bookstore but Concord does have Gibson's bookstore with a pastry/sandwich shop Bread and Chocolate next door with an indoor entrance between the two. South Main St.

pcwallis

Good information freedominnh.  Do you want in on this deal ?  Let us know by 6PM this Tuesday.

Phil Wallis

Dave Ridley

pcwallis

pcwallis

The first round of interested Liberty ?people in starting a business to be located in NH has begun !

I have the following people interested in the Coffee Shop/Book Store Deal.

I want each of you to post on this topic to confirm your interest. ?At that point I will contact you all by way of e-mail to take the next step. ?Wednesday at 6PM 8/24/05 get back to me with your posting of confirming your interest. [Russell Kanning when you get back e-mail me and we will get you up to speed.] ?If I have missed someone, please just post your interest b/4 6PM 8/24/05.

? ? ? ? ?Alan M.
? ? ? ? ?Scott Roth
? ? ? ? ?SethCohn
? ? ? ? ?patmccotter
? ? ? ? ?freedominnh
? ? ? ? ?DadaOrwell
? ? ? ? ?davemincin
? ? ? ? ?Otosan
? ? ? ? ?russellkanning

Thanks I Have A Feeling This Is Going To Work!

AlanM

AlanM

Russell Kanning

Sandy is also interested. 8)

My only involvement will be cheering and then hanging out in the place. So where are you guys looking?

Friday

I think it would be wonderful to have a Porcupine-owned bookstore/cafe somewhere in the state, with a back room which could be used for seditious meetings.  >:D  I have small business and retail bookstore experience.  From what I know of the industry, I don't think anybody's going to get rich off such a venture, though; it would more likely be a labor of love and a service to the FSP.

Perhaps the cafe aspect could be more lucrative than the used books aspect. I have noticed a strange phenomenon in Manchester; most cafes close around 3:00PM! That is incredibly bizarre to me. Late afternoon is when I'm most likely to get sleepy and need a jolt of java. I would guess that is a market niche waiting to be filled, at least in this town. But maybe most people are so used to buying their coffee at Dunkin' Donuts that other cafes can't compete. DD does seem to do booming business.

Russell Kanning

I does seem like we would have to make money on the food end of things ..... the bookstore could be the draw ..... no cool books at DD .... and we are guaranteed to have a better color scheme :P