• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coffee shop/bookstore

Started by AlanM, August 21, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Quote from: patmccotter on August 22, 2005, 05:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: SethCohn on August 21, 2005, 05:34 PM NHFT
Lots of right sized vacant stores in Concord right now....

I'm interested in this...

Not a coffee shop/bookstore but Concord does have Gibson's bookstore with a pastry/sandwich shop Bread and Chocolate next door with an indoor entrance between the two. South Main St.

Bread and Chocolate is terrific. When you go into Gibsons, you're just sorta pulled over that way by the smell.

By the way, word around town is that the Coffee Mill (right across from the State House) is for sale. Kinda small for a bookstore, but it's in a good location, and you could yell at the politicians all day.

AlanM

Quote from: Scott Roth on September 04, 2005, 08:24 PM NHFT
So, where are we on the coffeehouse?

I believe pcwallis is awating your reply to his email.

Eli

So will you be serving Liberty Lattes?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

So how are the plans going for this place?
Maybe Rocketman could sell beer out of the location.
Have you chosen a location?

Rocketman

Now yer talkin', Russell.? 8)

With a few outlets like that, I could probably run a small contract brewery out of my residence.? If I don't start a full-scale brewpub right away, this could be a huge step towards doing so, or even an end in itself.? I can humbly predict a nearly immediate cult following for my product, especially if I start kind of small.? Matter of fact, there are ten gallons of pumpkin brown ale in the fermenters right now... mmm, better than sex (or at least worth mentioning in the same sentence? ;D).

I hope the bookstore/cafe idea pans out for y'all, and soon.? I have been away from the boards for a while, but I'm very glad this type of conversation is happening.? A few successful Porc-owned businesses would directly improve NH and make it more attractive to potential FSP movers.

Russell Kanning

Maybe you could move where you can get a job and do this out of your house.
I would love to be a distributor of your product. You could have a website and show contact info for all of us distributors. Some of us could even get the reputation for being very lax in our carding of college kids.

I am assuming that it is just too expensive to get your beer up here. We could cut out the shipping costs, when you get here, by just passing it out at porcupine meetings. If you are in say ... Concord, then we could load up in your driveway every 2-3 weeks .... completely unregulated operation .... yet satisfying customers.
8)

maybe we need a new thread .... but it would make sense to sell it bottled or not a bookstore hangout.

Dreepa

From what I have seen so far many of the local stores like to highlight the fact that 'NH made' etc.

NH brewed beer could be added to that list!

Eli

Rocketman

Quotecompletely unregulated operation .... yet satisfying customers.

The HORROR!

FSPinNY

I think it would be great to rent nice office space in the same building as a Porc brewpub, bookstore or lingerie shop!   ;D

Kat Kanning

Quote from: FSPinNY on October 03, 2005, 07:43 PM NHFT
I think it would be great to rent nice office space in the same building as a lingerie shop!   ;D

Complete with peephole?

FSPinNY

Peepholes not needed, just good neighbors...  8)

Russell Kanning

Mark

Quote from: Mark on August 31, 2005, 06:06 PM NHFT
By the way, word around town is that the Coffee Mill (right across from the State House) is for sale. Kinda small for a bookstore, but it's in a good location, and you could yell at the politicians all day.

Since I wrote this, the Coffee Mill has been bought, operated for a couple of weeks under the new owner, and is now "under renovation." They must be using some new renovation technique that uses no workers, tools or materials, because there has been no activity there that I can see for the last month.