• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coffee shop/bookstore

Started by AlanM, August 21, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 20, 2006, 02:09 PM NHFT
Well, some Free Stater (or those who call themselves that) should step up and find out if the place is for sale, and start working out a deal.  Can't have too many free stater businesses, now can we?

That was uncalled for, Scott.  Being a "Free Stater" has no correlation with being a small business owner; it has to do with working to reduce the size and scope of government in New Hampshire.

AlanM

Quote from: Thespis on January 25, 2006, 04:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on December 05, 2005, 11:48 PM NHFT
  One of the things I want to do with the Cafe is have some educational stuff in the evenings, like lectures, or exhibits, or even classes. I was talking to Demi Papadinis of the New England Shakespeare Festival, and she and I will give a workshop or two on "Bringing Shakespeare Alive". Shakespeare is usually presented as dull, dull, dull. He's not. He is bawdy as hell, even more so than most people ever imagine. They just don't do the research.
  Demi is currently doing a new annotated version of Romeo and Juliet. She has been amazed at what she has discovered, that others have totally missed. I can't wait for her to finish it and have published.  8)

Yes.

Shakespeare is full of low humor.

I think this is a good idea as well.

Cool. :icon_jokercolor:

AlanM

Scott, just sent you an email.

AlanM

Little Edna Mae Jefferson will soon be moving to Upton's Corners along with her mother, Maria Jefferson, the girl Shorty loved.

FTL_Ian

The key players in the coffee shop venture in Marlborough would do well to contact me ASAP.

I have a proposal that you will find interesting.  PM me if you are a player.   8)

Russell Kanning

I went into Jitter Beans yesterday to get permission to drop of our papers.
They are still open and for sale. The lady had now idea what I was talking about when I asked if they had closed for a little while. They just must be not very busy anymore. I wonder why.

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 16, 2006, 11:27 PM NHFT
Try asking.   ;)
The lady was already a little put out when I asked about it closing. She was also juggling 2 preschoolers at the time.

Thespis

So, I was thinking that I could be an acting coach or something along those lines if there's a demand. That got me thinking about performance groups and such. I definitely think it would be excellent to either have a back room, or at the very least a performance area in the shop. So, maybe if a company of like-minded players forms they'd have a place to play. If I was a writer at all I'd put together some liberty oriented scripts together. But, I'm sure someone up there can put some words to the page.

Anyway, that's my random thought for the day.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Thespis on February 22, 2006, 08:16 AM NHFT
So, I was thinking that I could be an acting coach or something along those lines if there's a demand.

Along those lines, how about a speech coach - help train candidates to be better speakers. Use body language appropriately, etc.

Thespis

Quote from: rhelwig on February 22, 2006, 08:21 AM NHFT
Quote from: Thespis on February 22, 2006, 08:16 AM NHFT
So, I was thinking that I could be an acting coach or something along those lines if there's a demand.

Along those lines, how about a speech coach - help train candidates to be better speakers. Use body language appropriately, etc.

Not really my area of expertise (there is a difference between acting and public speaking), but I could look into it.

Russell Kanning

All the polititians I see are acting a part. :)

Thespis

Quote from: russellkanning on February 23, 2006, 01:43 AM NHFT
All the polititians I see are acting a part. :)

True.

I just don't know how well I'd do teaching public speaking.

But, that wasn't the point of my post. I really think it'd be good to have some sort of performance space in the coffee shop/bookstore.

I'll figure out what the crap I'm going to do with myself eventually.

Thespis

Quote from: Scott Roth on March 05, 2006, 03:13 PM NHFT
Thespis, keep checking with Alan as he has lots of contacts in the area.

I intend to.

Thanks.  ;D

AlanM