• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Let's Start A - Post Your Skills

Started by pcwallis, August 21, 2005, 10:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tllucero

Hacker
Give me 1000 lines of wel-written code in a language, and tech specs, and I'll give you a system.

Actuary
Crank up an insurance company, and I'll ruin it (the fun that is) by making it legal.

Writer
I own (by priority) copyright to Politically Incorrect, plus bavarianilluminati.com

Financial analyst (real-time)
Give me $35,000 or more, and I can generate 20%+ (pre-tax) over a given three-year period.

Bull**** artist.
"Nuff said.

Lex

mikefam

Cable tv tech 
satellite tv
food service
cook/chief
construction labor
truck driver
tinkerer
light intelectual

KBCraig

Me -
- Curmudgeon
- Thinker
- Editor
- Photographer
- Public speaker
- Griller of meat, smoker of briskets and butts
- Woodworker
- Out-of-practice blacksmith/bladesmith
- Collector of WWI-WWII era rifles, especially Enfields
- Proficient (although not expert) with all small arms
- Good grasp of all your basic handy skills (mechanical/construction)
- Highly trained professional stunt pervert

Mary -
- Genius
- Fantastic dog groomer
- Management of grooming salon
- Experienced in most aspects of small animal care and training
- Highly trained professional stunt pervert

Both of us -
- Addicted to books, learning, knowledge, thinking, old houses, young puppies, crotchety cats, bookstores, baseball, and unusual art

polyanarch

Electrician - commercial (will do residential if need be) Good working knowledge of structured cabling systems, networking, AV, voice with some professional experience on the hardware/cabling side but only rudimentary knowledge on the software equipment
Specialized in light commercial office/retail space. High voltage cabling/terminations. High voltage switchgear/metering, generators. Industrial motors/motor control. Large fire-alarm sytems -New build, retrofit and maintenance of older non-electronic systems 
All aspects of a commercial electrical installation.  Electrical supervision.

Construction management/General foreman - 6 years experience running electrical jobs $100K+

Basic knowledge of all skilled trades Plumbing, A/C-heating, pipe fitting, carpentry, masonry, roofing

Prior service military, combat arms (19D Cavalry Scout)  All aspects armored/unarmored, mounted/dismounted patrol and contact.

Good working knowledge of radio communications, Military and civilian (Licensed Amateur Operator)

Mechanic -Automotive, motorcycle  Can do up to medium-hard jobs if manuals can be found.  Could assist professional with any job.

Restaurant/food service.  I wouldn't really want to do this again unless it was with the right group of people and for decent pay.  Pizza delivery (this was fun but I don't know how they do it at today's gas prices...)

Intarw3b comedian

Keyboard provocateur

ZAP Philosopher

-Jim

Equality 7-2521

By day -
  Manufacturing engineer w/ a fiberglass products manufacturer making stuff like Semi truck hoods, fairings, aftermarket auto restyling parts
  Experience in assembly processes, fixtures, tooling, for aircraft and other manufacturing

By night and weekend -
  Auto Mechanic and hot-rodder
  Machinist Mill and Lathe
  Amateur CNC machine programmer
  PC Builder
  Home repair and light building guy
  Internet surfer

All times -
  Husband/Father 
  FSP member
  Mechanically inclined

Eli

On duty:

Mediator.
  Operations tech for financial firm
  Sales rep.
  CopyJockey
  security guard

Off duty:

Political philosopher
  Sound tech
  occasional actor
  protestor
  writer, sometimes
  Climber
  Kendo Practitioner

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Equality 7-2521 on September 20, 2005, 10:55 PM NHFT
By day -
? Manufacturing engineer w/ a fiberglass products manufacturer making stuff like Semi truck hoods, fairings, aftermarket auto restyling parts
? Experience in assembly processes, fixtures, tooling, for aircraft and other manufacturing

By night and weekend -
? Auto Mechanic and hot-rodder
? Machinist Mill and Lathe
? Amateur CNC machine programmer
? PC Builder
? Home repair and light building guy
? Internet surfer
?
All times -
? Husband/Father?
? FSP member
? Mechanically inclined

How the hell do you do amateur CNC machine programing?  Got one in your garage? ;)

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 21, 2005, 04:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: Equality 7-2521 on September 20, 2005, 10:55 PM NHFT
By day -
  Manufacturing engineer w/ a fiberglass products manufacturer making stuff like Semi truck hoods, fairings, aftermarket auto restyling parts
  Experience in assembly processes, fixtures, tooling, for aircraft and other manufacturing

By night and weekend -
  Auto Mechanic and hot-rodder
  Machinist Mill and Lathe
  Amateur CNC machine programmer
  PC Builder
  Home repair and light building guy
  Internet surfer

All times -
  Husband/Father 
  FSP member
  Mechanically inclined

How the hell do you do amateur CNC machine programing?  Got one in your garage? ;)

You'd be surprised how many people play with CNC at home! Especially those who spend serious hobby time as auto mechanics and hot-rodders.

Kevin

Lloyd Danforth

All the CNC machines I've seen have been really big, expensive and difficult and expensive to tool.  But, they've been around a while now and I guess the could be finding their way into peoples garages like the lathes and Bridgeports that I am familiar with.

KBCraig

Even woodworkers get in on the fun, with 3-axis CNC routers.

Myself, I prefer making crazy thin wood shavings with a finely tuned handplane. Or if we're talking metal, using forge and hammer and anvil to beat it into submission.  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I make toys and take great pleasure in making the greatest amount of parts and assemblies in the shortest amount of time using my power tools and the  jigs and fixtures I have designed and built.
But, sometimes I just like to rip a board with a handsaw I have sharpened, or dovetail a couple of boards together , just to keep my hand in it!
I also love to plane cedar, just for the smell.

Pat McCotter

Equality 7-2521

I've dabbled a little at work, and at a friend's shop.? Yes..it is a well funded 'shop'
They bought a used machine from the local tech school.? It's small, but nearly
like new (Fadal VMC-15)

I had a Bridgeport before I moved (to TX.....for now) but that is no longer with me :(

So..for now I am tool-less except for hobby fiberglass stuff.

YeahItsMeJP

I have three years of professional residential indoor painting working for my late father's painting business... I also mow a nice lawn, rake a nice yard and shovel a great driveway!

JP