• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Let's Start A - Post Your Skills

Started by pcwallis, August 21, 2005, 10:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jgmaynard

Web designer, writer, book editor, lots o' retail management experience, I love to teach!
Science and history nut, I have a BS in chemistry physics and history.  ::)
And I actually made a discovery during my undergrad research - Although it's been a wives-myth for centuries that some food continues to cook after it's been taken off the heat, no one had proven it. I proved it (usually using potatos as my testing material) and showed why it happened. I presented it at a science convention - my faculty advisor wanted me to call it "Thermal Gradients in Complex Starch-based Complexes." - I changed the title to "Mom Was Right." :D

JM

KBCraig

Welcome, Roger. You sound like "us".  :)

Now, get busy, and start chiming in on threads, and most importantly let us know when you're moving to NH!  ;D

Kevin

Kat Kanning

AlanM

Welcome to nhfree, Roger.
Ah, the simple life.  8) Good for you.  :)

donlovelace

Inventory control
Shipping and receiving
Arc Welding
Cutting/Welding torch
High lift (the big ones)
Fork truck (warehouse/truck loading)
Electrical panel building/wiring
Soldering (hand and wave)
Methods analysis
Computer operator (main frame, old, we were still using COBAL)
Computer pc (I can?t write programs (yet) but I learn real fast)
Accounts payable/receivable, payroll
Retail store owner
Reloading ammunition
Police Officer
Security Guard
Parts Manager
Customer service
Electric motor repair (ac, dc, pumps)
Basic motorcycle repair (I can change oil/filter and tires)
Basic small engine and related equipment repair
Plumbing (residential)
Electrician (commercial and residential)
Building Carpentry (rough, finish, drywall and plastering)

I think that's everything  :-\

Lloyd Danforth

Learned all that selling booze? ;D

Kat Kanning

BaRbArIaN

BS Physics

Skills include programming (C, C++, Fortran, Basic), basic web page design, machining, electronics, writing technical documents, project management, work in research in nuclear and biomedical physics as a technician oh, and marksmanship :-) .

General and scientific trivia is a specialty.   One of my flaws is that I like to live in the seacoast NH area and that prevents me from making much money.    That's ok for now as I like what I do and who I do it with.   I  work as a research technician at the University after 7 years in software and 7 years before that doing what I do now.  Hardware/software cha-cha-cha!    Philosophic and political argumentation a specialty (of course that probably goes for most of the people here).   Another flaw is that I dislike the suit/tie thing and refuse on personal grounds to engage in it (i.e. if it require a suit and tie, I *dont'* need to be there).  This of course prevents me from being asked to run for office and mix it up with politicos, which is a side benefit to dressing how I damn well please.   What you see is what you get, no more, no less.   

:-D

donlovelace

Kat Kanning

Wonderful.  Russell and Kira and I have been getting our house all cozy for the winter.  The snow is pretty :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on December 08, 2005, 05:43 AM NHFT
Wonderful.? Russell and Kira and I have been getting our house all cozy for the winter.? The snow is pretty :)

I've been there. They've got a nice Chanukah Bush, although it needs more decorations.

Russell Kanning

How many decorations does it take to have the proper hanakah feel? ;)

I was going to go with the festivus pole, but the fake tree is more natural looking.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 08, 2005, 08:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on December 08, 2005, 05:43 AM NHFT
Wonderful.  Russell and Kira and I have been getting our house all cozy for the winter.  The snow is pretty :)

I've been there. They've got a nice Chanukah Bush, although it needs more decorations.

I think we need little porcupine decorations.

Russell Kanning

We could make them out of pinecones and sell them at porcfest. Maybe the girls will do it and make money off the rest of us.