• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Let's Start A - Post Your Skills

Started by pcwallis, August 21, 2005, 10:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ravelkinbow

nursing assistant in acute and long term care both private and hospital exsperience for over 10yrs
massage therapy
dimentia and end of life care

organizer

trouble maker

big mouth   ;D

dead_hobbit

1.5 years of fast food management experience, 6 months of experience as an Receptionist for an Inn

fourthgeek

Soon to be CCNA certified
C++, HTML, etc. experience.
designer/webmaster - http://www.collincountylp.org
Skilled artist: drawing, photoshop
Basic computer modelling experience (gmax)
Some stock trading experience, TradeStation programming
Good cook, skilled or easily learn most forms of manual (working with hands) labor
Decent musician (ocarina)
PC building/maintainance experience
Knowledgable about almost everything  ;D
only 18!

KBCraig

Quote from: fourthgeek on June 03, 2006, 05:01 PM NHFT
designer/webmaster - http://www.collincountylp.org

Are you in Collin County? I didn't realize we're practically neighbors (by Texas standards).

Do you go to Collin County Gun Range? They've had some battles with zoning and attempts by government to shut them down.

Kevin

fourthgeek

Yes I am, in fact, Vice Chairman of the Collin County LP. I live in Frisco, moving to Richardson soon since UT Dallas is giving me a full ride for academics...

I've not gone to any gun ranges in a long time, but I intend to soon. We were considering having somewhat of a guns-and-weed get-together, without the weed.

Dan

RedHat Certified Engineer / Guru / Genius

So good at RedHat I knew enough to dump it for Ubuntu.
  Following the same logic:
     I knew NT and Exchange enough to annhilate it ASAP
     I switched from /. to digg   b)

Mostly a systems integrator - getting many different embedded sensors and databases and protocols talking together with scripts.
Take all of that and add a huge dose of DoD security over the whole mess.

I'm just an information junky.  It's getting to the point where moving computer technologies don't feel like they move at all anymore, the names of the abstractions just change.  I'm looking to NOT go home feeling like a Human Interface Device anymore.  I want to use computers as tools again, instead of a means of generating problems to be puzzled out.

So: I guess I can say I'm looking to aggregate a whole new set of rapidly changing information.  Business?

aries

Dan you sound like an alpha geek.

I used to fancy myself a big computer nerd, I used digg and linux etc, I designed a bunch of PHP apps, then when I started working and got into politics my interest waned.. I can still write a half assed app in PHP, or an XHTML 1.1 compliant website, but id need to be looking up code more than I used to, etc.

I switched back to windows because as an experienced Windows user - "it just works," mostly since the "feel" of it is more familiar to me. I do use Opera as my web browser... and I got banned from Digg for reporting too many stories - aka actually using the user moderation system... apparently I did that, and left too many contreversial comments, so I got shut down and went back to slashdot excusively which is just as well since it takes less time to read and gets the same stories Digg gets (the major ones), just 2-3 days later.

Dan

Hrm.  Type 't' personality.  This thread is about job skills, so I'm sticking to just that.

What is usaully reported about my job skills is failure to arrive on time, abilty to finish complex tasks autonomously and on time, and juggling many projects at once.

In other words: Management sees me as fire and forget.

Unlike most everyone around me, I see my job as a re-negotionable contract at any time by both parties.  I adjust my effort according to the current feel of that contract.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dan on June 27, 2006, 03:37 PM NHFT
Unlike most everyone around me, I see my job as a re-negotionable contract at any time by both parties.  I adjust my effort according to the current feel of that contract.
I find it funny how few other people look at it that way. It seems like the natural way.

Dan

Quote from: russellkanning on June 28, 2006, 09:14 AM NHFT
I find it funny how few other people look at it that way. It seems like the natural way.
There are some that would say the Minimum Wage laws create unemployment pressures all around us, to keep the worker bees scared shitless of Not Working.

Rochelle

Alrighty, I'll post my skills:
-I have a BBA in Economics, Minors in Spanish and German
-Fluent in German
-Type ca. 70 WPM
-11 years of babysitting experience, with children ages 0-11

Ummm...I'm sure I have other skills. I just can't think of them. Well, in any case, as the job ads always say, I'm a highly motivated individual and I enjoy working in fast paced environments. The worse thing an employer could do to me is sit me in a chair and give me nothing to do while paying me for it. I also like physical labor; it keeps my weight steady :)

realist

Hoping to move to NH eventually, maybe these skills could be put to use:

Currently finishing BS in Finance (plans for financial planning and business management, probably grad school)
Previous business owner 2x over

Certified Personal Trainer (12 yrs. exp.)
Certified Sports Performance and Weightlifting Coach

Moderate Computer skills MS

Critical thinking, problem solving, pressure management, planning, organizing, analyzing/consulting

Roycerson

Framing, Drywall, Tape and Bed, Texture, Paint, Acoustic Cielings, misc. carpentry
If that's greek....  Slicing and Dicing office space and residential remodeling.

I haven't paid income tax in about 5 years and hope to continue that in NH.  That's easy for me here because I have years worth of word of mouth advertising.  Consistent clientelle will by my biggest hurdle in NH.

CrucialServers

Network Engineer

Windows, Unix / Linux, Macintosh OSX, VMS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and all flavors of BSD

Programming Languages: C++, C#, Java, VBScript, JavaScript, C, Perl, MySQL, Bash, Shell,
                                  Php, html, Mysql, shell scripting, Java

Development Libraries: Win32, Carbon, .NET Frameworks, DirectX, ATL, MFC, COM, OLE,
                               WMFSDK, WMESDK, Swing, JMF, ActiveX, DHTML

Random:  River Stone, NT, Cisco, Bind, Apache, Telnet, SSH, Excel, ASP, Foundry, Juniper, MySQL Databases, HP and DELL.

CERTIFICATIONS:  CCIE, A+, CCNA, Network+

Schooling:   MIT + UNH     /   Business Administration / Network Engineering

d_goddard