• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Was 'detained' for about 5 minutes the other day

Started by David, November 24, 2008, 09:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Saw two separate cop pullovers and got irritated so I decided to do a copwatch on the second stop.  This was late sunday evening, when I realized I had to do a rather important errand.  After they let the pulled over car go they decided to focus on me (3 cops).  They wanted me to admit to riding on the sidewalk, but I would not confirm or deny, they asked me for bits of info, I initially gave them only my name and address.  They then insisted on my Id., I said I don't believe I am required to give them any, they said I was because I was being detained.  I gave them my 'shire' Id.   ;D  Eventually satisfied that I am not a serial baby killer or something, they let me go. 
To clarify, I was not handcuffed, or ticketed.  They did not harm me or rough me up, or touch me at any time. 

In retrospect, I think my shire Id has too much info on it, I will have to change that.  I also volunteered my first name, which is ridiculous because I go by my middle for all practical purposes.  I should have asked for their name and badge numbers.  And most important, I should have had my cell ready for a porc 911 call, and I didn''t.  Oh well, practice makes perfect, and I am not a legal beagle anyway. 

Russell Kanning

dalebert

I suggest you don't even carry an ID if you don't specifically need it for something like to drive or buy alcohol. I don't.