• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

URGENT: Crash space needed for 5 days

Started by dalebert, November 24, 2008, 09:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Not for me. I just left a Porc 411 about this. Due to some sort of communication breakdown, there is one more new Porcupine than there is available crash space until the apartment becomes available at the end of the month (29th or 30th). We wanted people to move to the Keene area. Be careful what you wish for, right? Our cup overfloweth, it seems. :)

If anyone has space available, please contact Jesse

FTL_Ian

Good to know people are moving at this time in the year!

AnarchoJesse

If any can provide for one or two bodies crash space, I will reimburse you for the time spent. Dale is understandably cramped, and if you have the space and think you can handle a single body or even two, it would be greatly appreciated. The problem occurred because my new landlord still hasn't cleared out his old tenants, and the new guys couldn't wait to get here, literally-- their schedules pretty much had them come up now, or in the indeterminate future.

dalebert

Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on November 25, 2008, 12:20 AM NHFTDale is understandably cramped...

And even more importantly, Dale was not asked, nor were his 3 roommates. We just keep waking up and finding people on our couch.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: dalebert on November 25, 2008, 12:24 AM NHFT
Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on November 25, 2008, 12:20 AM NHFTDale is understandably cramped...

And even more importantly, Dale was not asked, nor were his 3 roommates. We just keep waking up and finding people on our couch.

I'd prefer not to discuss this here, but you're using a bit of hyperbole here, and I will leave it at that.

Pat K

As sand through the hour glass so are= The Days of our Porcs.  ;D

dalebert

Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on November 25, 2008, 12:30 AM NHFT
I'd prefer not to discuss this here, but you're using a bit of hyperbole here, and I will leave it at that.

OK, I'll correct that hyperbole. Sometimes we wake up and find people on our couch. Other times people show up suddenly having been told by someone who does not live here that they can sleep on our couch. The rest of the time our living room is being used as storage space.

I hate that there are cool new Keeniacs stuck in the middle of this and I certainly hope someone will be able to accommodate them, but for the sake of avoiding any future strife and drama, let me make a public announcement so that this is crystal clear.

The hospitality at the already cramped liberty compound is completely exhausted for the near future. If anyone wishes to crash at the liberty compound (for like one night only), please get permission from all four roommates, and make sure that the people giving you permission actually do live here. When you are finished crashing, please take all of your belongings with you.

Pat K

But I was gonna crash there with my pet gold fish.

Now me and Moby will be out in the  cruel NH winter.

Moby's bowl will freeze over!

As god as my witness I will never couch surf again!

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: dalebert on November 25, 2008, 01:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on November 25, 2008, 12:30 AM NHFT

OK, I'll correct that hyperbole. Sometimes we wake up and find people on our couch. Other times people show up suddenly having been told by someone who does not live here that they can sleep on our couch. The rest of the time our living room is being used as storage space.

I hate that there are cool new Keeniacs stuck in the middle of this and I certainly hope someone will be able to accommodate them, but for the sake of avoiding any future strife and drama, let me make a public announcement so that this is crystal clear.

The hospitality at the already cramped liberty compound is completely exhausted for the near future. If anyone wishes to crash at the liberty compound (for like one night only), please get permission from all four roommates, and make sure that the people giving you permission actually do live here. When you are finished crashing, please take all of your belongings with you.

Crystal and inescapably clear, and I've made accommodations, so everyone will be out tonight.

Also, to lighten the mood, this thread is now about cats.

dalebert

Thank you. Your understanding is very much appreciated.

Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on November 25, 2008, 08:39 AM NHFT

I'm sending that one to Lauren!

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on November 25, 2008, 01:31 AM NHFT
But I was gonna crash there with my pet gold fish.

Pat, I'm sure the rest of the roommates and I would gladly welcome you to crash here (for one night). And when Pat crashes a place, he really crashes it! haha... ha... ahem.

FTL_Ian

Who are all the newbies?  I know Lumpy and Aubern arrived yesterday and I met Will on Sunday.  I hear Zero's arrival is/was imminent.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 25, 2008, 09:32 AM NHFT
Who are all the newbies?  I know Lumpy and Aubern arrived yesterday and I met Will on Sunday.  I hear Zero's arrival is/was imminent.

Zero is the new guy. He'll be in Henniker for the week/weekend, and Lumpy offered some space for Will, so I'm going to get to work taking care of last minute details as soon as I'm done showering and can think straight.

FTL_Ian

4 new people all at once... that's like a 50% increase in Keene activists!   8)

KBCraig