• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Potential renaming of 'Hoyt Farm'

Started by Daien, November 27, 2008, 08:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Daien

Sooooo, I'm thinking that 'Hoyt Farm' doesn't really describe this place very well in it's current incarnation, and a different name may more accurately reflect the magic that draws everyone here. Kat and Russell are open to hearing ideas.

I'm thinking 'Kan's End.'  ;D

MTPorcupine3

Puke

Lloyd Danforth

It is already the Burning Porcupine Festival Grounds.  Hoyt Farm is the local name.

dalebert

Well, it should be noted that it's called Hoyt's Farm because someone named "Hoyt" owns it. Seeing as how we tend to talk big on property rights and all, we should probably leave the last word on renaming it to the property owner.  :)

AntonLee

I didn't even know there WAS a Mr. Hoyt.  I figured it was some long lost dead man named Hoyt who had a farm there in the 1800's.

Lloyd Danforth

It was known as the Hoyt Brothers farm back when it was farmed.  You could call it the Hull Farm now ;D

Kat Kanning

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 28, 2008, 09:45 AM NHFT
Silent Bob's Brook.

Well, this is certainly the funniest name so far :D. And it makes sense, concerning who the holder of the certificate of title is.

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 28, 2008, 09:42 AM NHFT
It was known as the Hoyt Brothers farm back when it was farmed.  You could call it the Hull Farm now ;D

OK, my bad. Hoyt and Hull are kind of similar and I was thinking it was Bob Hoyt who owned it.

Tom Sawyer

I enjoy the hospitality at The Inn, industrious participation is a price well worth paying.

The smell of fresh bread, homemade soup and a mug of beer, combined with the companionship of fellow travelers on the road to freedom. All great stuff.

Tolkienesque realm, an alternative reality we create, Hoyt Farm is nice in the historical appreciation sense of the effort that created the farm, but a more cryptic name is nice for the gulch aspect.

Daien

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 28, 2008, 09:45 AM NHFT
Silent Bob's Brook.
My favorite so far!

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 28, 2008, 10:18 AM NHFT
Tolkienesque realm, an alternative reality we create, Hoyt Farm is nice in the historical appreciation sense of the effort that created the farm, but a more cryptic name is nice for the gulch aspect.
I agree  ;D

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: dalebert on November 28, 2008, 10:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 28, 2008, 09:42 AM NHFT

OK, my bad. Hoyt and Hull are kind of similar and I was thinking it was Bob Hoyt who owned it.

That's even funnier! ;D

Pat K

John

It will remain as Hoyt Farm in my "ghost" song.  :o

Part/early draft:

"Up over the hill past Bear Hollow Road
Where Slab City Road takes a turn
Past the moldy old pine and the fieldstone wall
There's a story that I've learned

There's a spirit that still walks the land
Down by that swampy bog
And he came to visit me one morn