• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Effective Facebook Networking

Started by dalebert, November 28, 2008, 05:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Just a couple thoughts I had on Facebook. Anyone who knows better, please correct me.

Anyhoo, if you see a link to an article, video, picture, whatever on Facebook that's been linked by one of your friends, and you like it, you can link it as well by clicking "share" I believe. Now all of your friends will see it as well. If there is some overlap in friends between the original poster and yourself (there likely will be), they won't get it again. They just see that more than one person on their list has shared it. Gives it a little more moral support, I suppose, but doesn't cause them to get repeated links.

Also, keep in mind that comments help to bump links and get them a little extra attention. I just posted a link to Dave's video about gun control in India which I thought was a particularly good analysis. I kind of thought we'd have a buzz going on Facebook with it, but no one else has commented on it or re-linked it to their friends. Just made me think that a little post about Facebook would be helpful. It's a great way to spread messages and network and I've gotten kind of addicted to it. I'm sure there are many others.

Perilous

I didn't know any of that about Facebook.  Thanks for the info.

Areté

dalebert

Oh, and just FYI, when I post a link to my comic, feel free to share that as well!  ;D 8)

Fluff and Stuff

Areté

Quote from: dalebert on December 17, 2008, 09:49 PM NHFT
Oh, and just FYI, when I post a link to my comic, feel free to share that as well!  ;D 8)

I just happen to have done that today actually. ;D

Ron Helwig

I've been fairly good about visiting the site every day, voting on the two sites, and recently started clicking on at least one Google ad. Its now part of my morning rituals.  ;D

Now I gotta figure out how to get people to do that on RidleyReport.com, PorcManor.com, ShireSilver.org, AltExpo.org, BurnedByGovernment.com, HappinessBunny.com, ...

dalebert

Quote from: Ron Helwig on December 18, 2008, 09:06 AM NHFT
I've been fairly good about visiting the site every day, voting on the two sites...

You are the AWESOME!