• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dover Man Arrested While Protesting Police Corruption

Started by smiley, November 29, 2008, 02:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on May 20, 2009, 05:11 PM NHFT
If anyone wants to drive from the Keene area, I'll throw in $5 for gas to help with the car pool.

Likewise.

Recumbent ReCycler

There was a hearing, but the charges weren't addressed.  The judge heard multiple motions, including one requesting permission to audio & video record in the court room.  The prosecution objected to the motion to record the trial, but the judge said that court proceedings that are open to the public can be recorded by the media, including the alternative media, which he decided that smiley was a member of since he had been published in the Keene Free Press.  Nearly an hour of the hearing was recorded, and my impression of Judge Roberts is that he appears to be a reasonable man.  The actual trial will be in June.  IIRC, it will be on Thursday the 11th of June.

DoverExposure

Quote from: DoverExposure on May 20, 2009, 11:09 AM NHFT
The trial for this supposed "Disorderly Conduct" is scheduled for this Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 10:00 A.M. in Dover District Court at 25 Saint Thomas Street, Dover, N.H.

Actually, the trial itself has been continued until June 11, 2009, at 1:00 P.M.  That's a Thursday.  It will be in the same place: Dover District Court, 25 Saint Thomas Street, Dover, N.H.

The hearing on May 21 addressed a number of motions the prosecutor and I had filed with the court.  One encouraging outcome of the hearing was receiving clearance to record the trial on video.  This, I believe, is a great victory of the free press.  (There's another thread on that.)

The prosecutor, Brian Estee, thinks that the trial itself will take more than one day.  The state has four witnesses, and I have an additional five.  In addition, I will be presenting audio/video evidence, lots of photographs, and conducting an in-court demonstration.

FTL_Ian

cynthia

I think it was re-scheduled... he fired his state-appointed attourney, so the case has been continued to some further date.

JosephSHaas

Quote from: cynthia on July 14, 2009, 10:13 PM NHFT
I think it was re-scheduled... he fired his state-appointed attourney, so the case has been continued to some further date.

When? October ___, 2009? The whole month of August has gone by, and now we're into September.  What's the case #_________ to call to find out a Progress Report.

JosephSHaas

Quote from: Jason on December 14, 2008, 05:20 PM NHFT
LTE I wrote got in Foster's Daily Democrat. If any one is interested:
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081205/GJOPINION_01/712049731/-1/FOSOPINION

Jason Howard

Thank you jhyeti at yahoo dot com  To please reply to my e-mail letter to you just sent.  Thank you, -- Joe

JosephSHaas

Update: "I did just call the Court at 742-7202 and the woman who immediately answered the phone said that the case #432-2008-CR-4021 was heard, and him found guilty, with sentencing scheduled for Thursday, October 8th @ 1:00 o'clock p.m."

smiley

Jury trial for this supposed "Disorderly Conduct" is scheduled for this Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 10:00 A.M. in Strafford Inferi Superior Court at 259 County Farm Road, Dover, N.H (right across the street from the county jail).  The trial will probably be held in courtroom #1.

The state is planning on paying for a bus (no joke!) to take the jurors downtown, Wednesday morning, to see the sidewalk where the incident occurred.  So the jury should be returning their "not guilty" verdict sometime Wednesday.   :)

Anyone who wishes to come and watch all or part of the festivities is welcome to.

Coincidetnally, at 9:00 A.M. in the same court, a Farmington cop will be getting arraigned for stealing from his police department's evidence room.  That arraignment will probably be held in courtroom #2, just down the hall.

DoverExposure

SEAL PAC Advocate Acquitted
David Montenegro
SEAL PAC
June 30, 2010

David Montenegro, founder of the the Seacoast Liberty Police Anti-Corruption Campaign (SEAL PAC), was acquitted today in Strafford Superior Court of one misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.

Mr. Montenegro, who was represented in this trial by attorney Robert Watkins, was arrested on November 29, 2008 while hosting an information table in downtown Dover. The display, a weekly event hosted by SEAL PAC, provides the public with information about civil rights violations committed by police. Dover police charged Montenegro with disorderly conduct.

Mr. Montenegro had applied for, and received, permits from the city to hold these events. A jury saw these permits, as well as photographs and other evidence, during a trial that began yesterday and concluded this afternoon with a verdict of not-guilty.

It is expected that Montenegro will be filing a civil rights claim against the city in the near future.

For more information about his acquittal, Mr. Montenegro can be reached via SEAL PAC's hotline (516) 345-1072, or by e-mail: sealpac@zenzebra.mv.com. More information about SEAL PAC, including all of SEAL PAC's press releases, can be found on the SEAL PAC website: http://WWW.SEALPAC.ORG.

Dave Ridley

good job smiley.  mentioning this on the ridley report, probably will upload today...its in an unrelated story