• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Should we just abolish the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire?

Started by joeyforpresident, November 30, 2008, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Restore The Republic on December 04, 2008, 08:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on December 01, 2008, 09:52 AM NHFT
NHFree is the real libertarian party of NH now. We don't do politics.   8)

If you start forums and websites that challenge politics, arnt you engaging in politics? If your fighting for peoples hearts and minds to join your beliefs, isnt that a form of politics?

That's a broader definition of politics than people on this forum use. By politics they mean running for office, joining political parties, attempting to influence legislation, and similar—usually described as "working within the system." For the most part, the only time such activists engage "the system" is when it singles them out and attacks them personally, e.g., when someone gets a ticket or gets arrested.

Of course, that's a broad brush; everyone believes in something slightly different. There are a few people I know who won't engage the system via "parliamentary politics," but will still use the system's tools (e.g., impeachment, voter petitions) to remove particularly bad people from office, or limit particularly harmful government actions. And myself, I support whatever sort of activism will move us closer to liberty, be it political, apolitical, or anti-political; inside the system, or outside.

Jim Johnson

If you start forums and websites that challenge politics, arnt you engaging in politics? If your fighting for peoples hearts and minds to join your beliefs, isnt that a form of politics?

Is the spell checker not catching the 'k' at the end of politick... I think the blood suckyness of the tick is important.

It's all about conflict engagement and resolution.  Politicians believe you must rally a larger number of people to club the smaller number of people.  I believe all conflicts are personal... 'you believe one way and some one else believe differently'... you can handle your differences person to person... or if your position is weak... you must ally your self with people who will help you.

Politics is a strange dance between enemies that ends in the destruction of a foe.

Restore The Republic

I like your answers  :D

I was just making a point  ;D

Whether in Governments or otherwise, Politics is not only intertwined with human interaction, but impossible to get rid of.
Trying to get rid of it is engaging in politics.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 04, 2008, 08:45 PM NHFT

Is the spell checker not catching the 'k' at the end of politick... I think the blood suckyness of the tick is important.

It's all about conflict engagement and resolution.  Politicians believe you must rally a larger number of people to club the smaller number of people.  I believe all conflicts are personal... 'you believe one way and some one else believe differently'... you can handle your differences person to person... or if your position is weak... you must ally your self with people who will help you.

Politics is a strange dance between enemies that ends in the destruction of a foe.

Brilliant.

I am constantly amazed by your ability to find such wisdom in beer.  8)

I laughed, I cried... I went to get another drink.

Jim Johnson

Friday

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 04, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 04, 2008, 08:45 PM NHFT

Brilliant.

I am constantly amazed by your ability to find such wisdom in beer.  8)

I laughed, I cried... I went to get another drink.
:ahoy:

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Perhaps the LP should become a 'Drinking Club' with Political aspirations!

Russell Kanning

not necessarily

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics

Politics consists of "social relations involving authority or power"[1] and refers to the regulation of a political unit,[2] and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy.[3]

if I use that definition ... then I don't want to engage in politics.

I think you are talking about persuasion.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 05, 2008, 07:24 AM NHFT
Perhaps the LP should become a 'Drinking Club' with Political aspirations!

Has it ever been anything else?

Restore The Republic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 05, 2008, 07:56 AM NHFT
not necessarily

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics

Politics consists of "social relations involving authority or power"[1] and refers to the regulation of a political unit,[2] and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy.[3]

if I use that definition ... then I don't want to engage in politics.

I think you are talking about persuasion.

Once you start writing and signing contracts of policy(voluntary society) on how people should behave, this is politics. It is setting up a limited government, although by "choice" a government non the less. This contract is power. Politics is the search for and the achievement of power. Power can be both good and bad depending on who has it.

AnarchoJesse

Yeah, and bald is a hair color too!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Restore The Republic on December 05, 2008, 04:47 PM NHFT
Once you start writing and signing contracts of policy(voluntary society) on how people should behave, this is politics.
Who is signing contracts?

Restore The Republic

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 09, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Restore The Republic on December 05, 2008, 04:47 PM NHFT
Once you start writing and signing contracts of policy(voluntary society) on how people should behave, this is politics.
Who is signing contracts?

So your saying contracts in a voluntary society are a social agreement? Im just trying to understand what your words mean snd entail  :)

Russell Kanning