• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Murphy's and tipping

Started by djbridgeland, December 03, 2008, 12:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

Quote from: AntonLee on December 04, 2008, 09:35 PM NHFTRuby Tuesday?  (Unverified listing) - Write a review
327 Hopkinton Road, Concord, NH? - (603) 223-2505?

? I don't think that exists, Hokinton Road is the extension of Pleasant Street, and is mad rural where that would be if still located in Concord.

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 04, 2008, 08:19 PM NHFT...most people don't bother complaining about bad business anymore, they just stop going to such places (or worse, put up with it). On the other hand, though, since Keith is a freestater, everyone, including myself, has a lot more tolerance for problems at Murphy's than we would dealing with other places.

That describes me to a tee. I said it before that when I complained about a waitress there, it was a courtesy. Anywhere else and I would have left and never come back. However, often I will complain somewhere AND not come back. I figure the least I can do is say why so the manager can try to rectify the situation and hopefully save other customers from the misery.

Actually, I shouldn't say "often". I very rarely have problems bad enough to need to talk to a manager. Murphy's was one such place though. The truth is he doesn't need Free Staters anymore. He gets plenty of business without us. I wonder if his wait staff dreads our parties on Tuesdays and if that makes the service worse than it normally is.

Friday

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 04, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 04, 2008, 08:00 PM NHFT
You and Friday are on to something.  How about we have Freestate Fridays at Friday's?

Better still, does New Hampshire have Ruby Tuesday's franchises?
There's definitely a Ruby Tuesday's in Nausea.  But I prefer the burgers at Chili's; those things rock.   :notworthy:

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Friday on December 04, 2008, 10:23 PM NHFT
You and Friday are on to something.  How about we have Freestate Fridays at Friday's?

There's definitely a Ruby Tuesday's in Nausea.  But I prefer the burgers at Chili's; those things rock.   :notworthy:

Chili's...  Mmmm...

Pat K

Hard to find a good burger anymore.
Unless you make it your self.

There is a Chili's down the block from me
maybe I should try their burgers.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on December 04, 2008, 10:49 PM NHFT

There is a Chili's down the block from you?    Bastard.

"Yeah, there is a Chili's I could walk to..."  Screw you city boy.

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 04, 2008, 11:02 PM NHFT

I don't know if ya ever noticed, but I don't
walk anywere. I drive to the end of the 20 foot driveway to get the mail. I am a suburban boy. Chili's is down the block, most every kind of store is within a few blocks. It is supposed to be a feature.
But for me not so much..........

Jim Johnson

"It's a feature."  That's what I tell Roger every time I fuck something up. 

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on December 04, 2008, 10:04 PM NHFT
Murphy's was one such place though. The truth is he doesn't need Free Staters anymore. He gets plenty of business without us. I wonder if his wait staff dreads our parties on Tuesdays and if that makes the service worse than it normally is.

Considering that people have reported terrible service on other days,* and considering that Elijah, who works on Tuesdays, does exceptionally well at handling the Taproom Tuesday crowd, I don't see how one could conclude this.

* The worst service I witnessed was on a random day that wasn't Taproom Tuesday. I was there with a couple other activists stuffing envelopes for a political campaign. I wasn't drinking, but one guy got up and left after about ten minutes of waiting and the other kept having to go up to the bar to get service. The place was nearly empty and the waitress was just standing at the bar chatting with someone the whole time.

Pat K

Quote from: Pat K on December 04, 2008, 11:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 04, 2008, 11:02 PM NHFT

I don't know if ya ever noticed, but I don't
walk anywere. I drive to the end of the 20 foot driveway to get the mail. I am a suburban boy. Chili's is down the block, most every kind of store is within a few blocks. It is supposed to be a feature.
But for me not so much..........

Because us suburban folk do drive everywhere,
we say stuff like it's down the block. I marked it on
the way home tonight it is 1 mile. So it is very walkable
bo no suburbanite would, until gas is about 12 bucks a gallon.

Fluff and Stuff

And Chili's drink prices are about what Taproom's are and the app. may cost even less but if we are considering non-FSer restaurants I suggest Dunkin Donuts :)  It really cannot be beat.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 05, 2008, 12:03 AM NHFT

And Chili's drink prices are about what Taproom's are and the app. may cost even less but if we are considering non-FSer restaurants I suggest Dunkin Donuts :)  It really cannot be beat.

That i'd be alright sipt'n Dunkin Donuts is a pig's tough.

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 05, 2008, 12:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 05, 2008, 12:03 AM NHFT

That i'd be alright sipt'n Dunkin Donuts is a pig's tough.

You tell em Jim!

doobie

I wouldn't go to Ruby Tuesdays.  I might be convinced to go to Friday's.  Just remember...any other place and you will probably be expected to buy food and not just go and socialize.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 04, 2008, 08:19 PM NHFT
I dunno... More quick to point out problems, but more quick to forgive them, too?
or whiners that don't do anything about it? ;)