• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Murphy's and tipping

Started by djbridgeland, December 03, 2008, 12:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 04, 2008, 08:00 PM NHFT
You and Friday are on to something.  How about we have Freestate Fridays at Friday's?
if you start it ... they will come

Russell Kanning

there are plenty of places that have extra space so not everyone has to eat/drink ... it helps if there is no waitstaff that you are occupying. That is why we once chose Panera at night. It was quiet, so they liked the business, but not everyone had to order and we were not taking up needed space.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 04, 2008, 11:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on December 04, 2008, 10:49 PM NHFT
Hard to find a good burger anymore.
Unless you make it your self.

There is a Chili's down the block from me
maybe I should try their burgers.

There is a Chili's down the block from you?    Bastard.

"Yeah, there is a Chili's I could walk to..."  Screw you city boy.

There is a Chilis in Hadley, Mass.  40 miles for you!

Friday

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 04, 2008, 11:02 PM NHFT
There is a Chili's down the block from you?    Bastard.

"Yeah, there is a Chili's I could walk to..."  Screw you city boy.
There's a Chili's *I* could walk to.  Not all of New Hampshire is the hinterlands, ya know.   ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 05, 2008, 05:40 AM NHFT
You and Friday are on to something.  How about we have Freestate Fridays at Friday's?

If you start it, Sandy will throw you down the stairs!

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Friday on December 04, 2008, 10:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 04, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT

Better still, does New Hampshire have Ruby Tuesday's franchises?
There's definitely a Ruby Tuesday's in Nausea.  But I prefer the burgers at Chili's; those things rock.   :notworthy:

I wasn't really recommending it--it's an unexceptional fern-bar franchise.  But the suggestion of Freestate Fridays at Friday's made me think of Taproom Tuesdays at . . .

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: doobie on December 05, 2008, 04:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 04, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT

Better still, does New Hampshire have Ruby Tuesday's franchises?

I wouldn't go to Ruby Tuesdays.  I might be convinced to go to Friday's.  Just remember...any other place and you will probably be expected to buy food and not just go and socialize.

See my comment to Friday about Freestate Fridays at Friday's (for the brew that is true . . . ?) above.

dalebert

A lot of places have rooms you can reserve if you have big enough crowds, and we almost always do. Porcs could even have some space all to themselves which is something they don't get at Murphy's.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 05, 2008, 05:44 AM NHFT
there are plenty of places that have extra space so not everyone has to eat/drink ... it helps if there is no waitstaff that you are occupying. That is why we once chose Panera at night. It was quiet, so they liked the business, but not everyone had to order and we were not taking up needed space.

Yeah, that's one of the many benefits of Dunkin Donuts :)

JonM

We've never had a problem with Elijah.  Thus, we make a point of sitting in his section.

dalebert

Quote from: Jon Maltz on December 05, 2008, 09:22 AM NHFT
We've never had a problem with Elijah.  Thus, we make a point of sitting in his section.

I can't recall any problems with him either. Unfortunately, I don't seem to get him very often. Maybe I should make a point to ask him which are his tables next time. Last time I sat where my computer cord could reach the socket since my battery is shot.

Rodinia

What about the Strange Brew pub on Market St.? I've heard their beer selection kicks ass AND they have Tuesday $2 pints...although that is unconfirmed information.

doobie

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 05, 2008, 07:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 05, 2008, 05:40 AM NHFT

If you start it, Sandy will throw you down the stairs!

We should start habitating at Borders somewhere, and open carry.  Wonder what the police would do if all of the sudden 4-8 of us came in open carrying?

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteWe should start habitating at Borders somewhere, and open carry.  Wonder what the police would do if all of the sudden 4-8 of us came in open carrying?

Quoteany other place and you will probably be expected to buy food and not just go and socialize.

I honestly can't imagine getting a pleasant response from any business owner where you walk in, take up space, spend nothing and make customers uncomfortable. Loitering on private property is just annoying.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: doobie on December 05, 2008, 02:13 PM NHFT
We should start habitating at Borders somewhere, and open carry.  Wonder what the police would do if all of the sudden 4-8 of us came in open carrying?
maybe Borders won't like it